When: Wednesday, December 3, 2014
Time: 8:00 p.m. CST
Where: MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Records: Winnipeg Jets (12-9-4, 28 points, 8th in West), Edmonton Oilers (6-15-4, 16 points, 14th in West)
Television/Radio: SN, SN1/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Friday, December 5th at home against the Colorado Avalanche (7:00 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 2-1 loss (overtime) to the Boston Bruins
Winnipeg Jets: Andrew Ladd (8 goals, 8 assists, 16 points), Blake Wheeler (8 goals, 8 assists, 16 points), Bryan Little (8 goals, 7 assists, 15 points), Michael Frolik (5 goals, 5 assists, 10 points), Tobias Enstrom (1 goals, 8 assists, 9 points)
Edmonton Oilers: Jordan Eberle (5 goals, 11 assists, 16 points), Taylor Hall (8 goals, 8 assists, 16 points), Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (5 goals, 11 assists, 16 points), David Perron (3 goals, 9 assists, 12 points), Teddy Purcell (3 goals, 7 assists, 10 points)
Game Day Notes:
– ***Late Pre-Game Update: Anthony Peluso will start tonight in place of Matt Halischuk.
– The Jets have not played since last Friday against Boston and have had four days off between games. The Jets will play nine of their next 13 games at MTS Centre.
– The Jets enter tonight’s contest with a home record of 4-5-1.
– This is the first of two meetings between the Jets and Oilers this year. The two teams will meet again on Monday, March 23 in Edmonton.
– According to Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun, Tobias Enstrom was placed on Injured Reserve on Tuesday (retroactive to November 23) and the Jets re-called Ben Chiarot from the St. John’s IceCaps of the American Hockey League. Chiarot has four goals and five assists in 24 games with the IceCaps this year. ** Chiarot will dress for the Jets tonight. It will be Chiarot’s 2nd career NHL game.
– Ondrej Pavelec will start in net for the Jets tonight. Pavelec has not played since November 26th (one week ago). In 20 games this year, Pavelec has a record of 8-8-2 with a .919 Save Percentage and 2.33 Goals Against Average.
– Jets d-man Grant Clitsome did not skate with the team today and will not play tonight. Clitsome is officially listed as day-to-day (undisclosed injury).
– Ben Scrivens is expected to start in goal for the Oilers. In 17 games this season, Scrivens has a record of 4-9-2 with a 3.38 GAA and .888 save percentage.
– The Jets Power Play is 4 for 12 over the last three games.
– Jets forward Adam Lowry returns to the line-up tonight after serving a one game suspension for his hit from behind on Sabres forward Patrik Kaleta last week. Lowry has two goals and one assist in 24 games this season.
– Surging: Jets forward Dustin Byfuglien has two goals and one assist in his last five games.
– Slumping: Jets forward Chris Thorburn has no points in 24 games this season.
– Tobias Enstrom leads all Jets in ice time, averaging 25:07 of ice time per game, ranked 9th in the NHL.
– Defenseman Justin Schultz leads all Oilers in ice time, averaging 21:57 of ice time per game, ranked 61st in the NHL.
– Oilers Top Face-off Guy: Boyd Gordon (56.7%)
– Jets Top Face-off Guy: Jim Slater (56.2%)
– Who’s Under the Microscope for Edmonton: Nail Yakupov. The 2012 1st overall draft pick has no points in his last 9 games. NONE.
– Who’s Under the Microscope for Winnipeg: Ben Chiarot. Chiarot will be paired up with Zach Bogosian and will be expected to play big minutes against some of Edmonton’s top forwards.
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Edmonton PP (12.5%, 26th in NHL), Edmonton PK (80.5%, 15th in NHL)
– Winnipeg PP (12.0%, 28th in NHL), Winnipeg PK (85.4%, 5th in NHL)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd- Bryan Little- Blake Wheeler
Evander Kane- Mark Scheifele- Dustin Byfuglien
Adam Lowry- Mathieu Perreault -Michael Frolik
Chris Thorburn- Jim Slater- Anthony Peluso
Ben Chiarot- Zach Bogosian
Mark Stuart- Jacob Trouba
Adam Pardy- Paul Postma
Healthy Scratches: TJ Galiardi, Matt Halischuk
Projected Edmonton Oilers Line Combinations:
Tyler Pitlick- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins- Taylor Hall
Nail Yakupov- Leon Draisatl- Jordan Eberle
David Perron-Boyd Gordon- Teddy Purcell
Luke Gazdic- Mark Arcobello- Steve Pinizzotto
Andrew Ference- Justin Schultz
Nikita Nikitin -Mark Fayne
Oscar Klefbom- Jeff Petry
Healthy Scratches:Jesse Joensuu, Keith Aulie
Edmonton Oilers: Matt Hendricks (leg), Benoit Pouliot (foot)
Winnipeg Jets: Tobias Enstrom (lower body, Injured Reserve), Grant Clistome (undisclosed)