When: Saturday, January 25, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m. CST
Where: MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Records: Winnipeg Jets (23-24-5, 12th in the Western Conference), Toronto Maple Leafs (27-21-5, 5th in the Eastern Conference)
Television/Radio: CBC/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Sunday, January 26th on the road against the Chicago Blackhawks (6:00 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 1-0 road loss to the San Jose Sharks
Winnipeg Jets: Bryan Little (16 goals, 26 assists, 42 points), Blake Wheeler (18 goals, 21 assists, 39 points), Dustin Byfuglien (11 goals, 27 assists, 38 points), Andrew Ladd (11 goals, 22 assists, 33 points), Olli Jokinen (13 goals, 18 assists, 31 points)
Toronto Maple Leafs: Phil Kessel (26 goals, 26 assists, 52 points), James van Riemsdyk (20 goals, 19 assists, 39 points), Mason Raymond (13 goals, 19 assists, 32 points), Nazem Kadri (12 goals, 20 assists, 32 points), Joffrey Lupul (15 goals, 14 assists, 29 points)
Game Day Notes:
– For the Leafs, tonight is the final game of a four-game Western Conference road trip. The Leafs won the first two games of the road trip over the Phoenix Coyotes and Colorado Avalanche but they lost their last game, 7-1 to the Dallas Stars on Thursday.
– Toronto averages 2.68 goals/game, 15th in the NHL. The Jets average 2.67 goals/game, 16th in the NHL. Toronto averages 3.00 goals against/game, 26th in the NHL. The Jets average 2.86 goals/against, 21st in the NHL.
– Who’s Hot: Toronto forward Phil Kessel has 6 goals and 8 assists in his last 8 games. Maple Leafs forward Tyler Bozak has five goals and nine assists in his last 13 games.
– James van Riemdsyk is tied for 8th in the NHL with 8 Power Play goals.
– Tonight marks Paul Maurice‘s sixth game as Head Coach of the Winnipeg Jets. The Jets are 4-1 under Maurice so far.
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Toronto has the 4th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (22.5%) and the 28th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (77.5%)
– Winnipeg has the 27th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (14.2%) and the 10th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (83.2%)
– Ondrej Pavelec (15-20-4, 2.94 GAA, .903 Save Percentage)
– James Reimer (10-6-1, 3.13 GAA, .915 Save Percentage)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd-Bryan Little-Michael Frolik
Evander Kane-Mark Scheifele-Blake Wheeler
Devin Setoguchi-Olli Jokinen-Dustin Byfuglien
Anthony Peluso-James Wright- Chris Thorburn
Zach Bogosian – Tobias Enstrom
Mark Stuart – Jacob Trouba
Adam Pardy – Keaton Ellerby
Healthy Scratches: Zach Redmond, Eric O’Dell, Eric Tangradi
Projected Toronto Maple Leafs Line Combinations:
James van Riemsdyk- Tyler Bozak- Phil Kessel
Nikolai Kulemin- Nazem Kadri-Joffrey Lupul
Mason Raymond -Peter Holland- Troy Bodie
Carter Ashton – Jay McClement- Colton Orr
Carl Gunnarsson – Dion Phaneuf
Cody Franson – Tim Gleason
Jake Gardiner- Morgan Rielly
Toronto Maple Leafs: David Clarkson (elbow), Dave Bolland (ankle), Trevor Smith (hand)
Winnipeg Jets: Matt Halischuk (forearm, Injured Reserve), Paul Postma (leg, indefinitely), Jim Slater (sports hernia surgery, indefinitely), Grant Clitsome (back, out for season)