When: Sunday, March 1, 2015
Time: 3:00 p.m. CST
Where: MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Records: Winnipeg Jets (31-20-12, 74 points, 6th in West), Los Angeles Kings (29-20-12, 70 points, 8th in West)
Television/Radio: FS-W, TSN3/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Wednesday, March 4th at home against the Ottawa Senators (7:00 p.m. CST)
Last Game: 2-1 loss (SO) to the St.Louis Blues
Winnipeg Jets: Bryan Little (24 goals, 26 assists, 50 points), Andrew Ladd (20 goals, 30 assists, 50 points), Blake Wheeler (16 goals, 28 assists, 44 points), Dustin Byfuglien (15 goals, 26 assists, 41 points), Mathieu Perreault (18 goals, 18 assists, 36 points)
Los Angeles Kings: Jeff Carter (18 goals, 28 assists, 46 points), Anze Kopitar (12 goals, 33 assists, 45 points), Tyler Toffoli (19 goals, 19 assists, 38 points), Drew Doughty (5 goals, 31 assists, 36 points), Marian Gaborik (17 goals, 16 assists, 33 points)
Game Day Notes:
– Tonight is the third game of a four game home stand for Winnipeg. The Jets are 5-2-3 in their last 10 games.
– Jets Home Record: 16-10-5
– The Jets are 22-9-6 this season when they score the first goal of a game.
– Enhanced Stat #1: Winnipeg’s Points Per 60 minutes is 1.44, which ranks 21st in the NHL
– Enhanced Stat #2: Michael Frolik has a USAT Tied (Fenwick Tied) of 70 which is 16th in the NHL.
– Seven of the last 11 games for the Jets have gone to overtime (3-4)
– Los Angeles’ Road Record: 9-13-6
– 13 of the Kings last 21 games of the season are on the road
– This is the third and final meeting of the season between the Jets and Kings.Each team has won a game.
– Michael Hutchinson is expected to start in goal for the Jets tonight. In 31 games this season, Hutchinson has a record of 18-7-5 with a .920 save percentage, two shutouts and 2.29 Goals Against Average.
– Jonathan Quick is expected to start in net for the Kings tonight. In 51 games this season, Quick has a record of 25-16-10 with a .915 save percentage, four shutouts and 2.35 Goals Against Average.
– According to Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun, Blake Wheeler (lower body) was activated off Injured Reserve on Sunday and is expected to play tonight. Wheeler skated on a line with Adam Lowry and Chris Thorburn during team practise on Saturday. Michael Frolik remained in Wheeler’s regular spot on the first line.
– On Sunday morning the Jets announced that Forward Carl Klingberg was re-assigned to St.John’s (AHL).
– Red Hot for Winnipeg: Andrew Ladd has four points (one goal, three assists) in the last five games.
– Ice Cold: Jim Slater has no points in the last 8 games.
– Milestone Watch: Bryan Little needs five more assists to reach 200 career assists.
– The Kings average 2.67 goals for/game, 18th in the NHL. The Jets average 2.67 goals for/game, 19th in the NHL.
– The Kings average 2.46 goals against/game, 7th in the NHL. The Jets average 2.62 goals against/game, 16th in the NHL.
– Defenseman Drew Doughty leads all Kings in ice time, averaging 29:28 of ice time per game.
– Kings Top Face-off Guy: Jeff Carter (55.0%)
– Jets Top Face-off Guy: Jim Slater (57.5%)
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Kings PP (18.2%, 6th in NHL), Kings PK (80.2%, 22nd in NHL)
– Winnipeg PP (18.6%, 13th in NHL), Winnipeg PK (80.9%, 18th in NHL)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd- Bryan Little- Michael Frolik
Jiri Tlusty- Mark Scheifele- Drew Stafford
Chris Thorburn- Adam Lowry- Blake Wheeler
TJ Galiardi/Adam Pardy- Jim Slater- Anthony Peluso
Tobias Enstrom- Tyler Myers
Mark Stuart- Jacob Trouba
Jay Harrison- Dustin Byfuglien
Healthy Scratches: Paul Postma, Adam Pardy/TJ Galiardi, Eric O’Dell
Projected Los Angeles Kings Line Combinations:
Marian Gaborik- Anze Kopitar- Dustin Brown
Dwight King- Jeff Carter- Tyler Toffoli
Trevor Lewis- Jarret Stoll – Justin Williams
Kyle Clifford- Nick Shore- Jordan Nolan
Jake Muzzin- Drew Doughty
Robyn Regehr- Andrej Sekera
Brayden McNabb- Matt Greene
Los Angeles Kings: Slava Voynov (suspension), Tanner Pearson (leg), Alec Martinez (concussion)
Winnipeg Jets: Grant Clitsome (back surgery, indefinitely), Matt Halischuk (lower body, Injured Reserve), Mathieu Perreault (IR, lower body), Ben Chiarot (surgery, IR)