When: Saturday, November 8, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m. CST
Where: Canadian Tire Centre, Kanata, Ontario
Records: Winnipeg Jets (7-5-2, 8th in West), Ottawa Senators (7-3-2, 5th in East)
Television/Radio: SN/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Tuesday, November 11th on the road against the Montreal Canadiens (6:00 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 4-3 loss (SO) to the Pittsburgh Penguins
Winnipeg Jets: Bryan Little (5 goals, 6 assists, 11 points), Andrew Ladd (6 goals, 4 assists, 10 points), Blake Wheeler (5 goals, 5 assists, 10 points), Tobias Enstrom (0 goals, 8 assists, 8 points), Zach Bogosian (0 goals, 6 assists, 6 points)
Ottawa Senators: Clarke MacArthur (7 goals, 3 assists, 10 points), Erik Karlsson (4 goals, 6 assists, 10 points), Bobby Ryan (3 goals, 4 assists, 7 points), Kyle Turris (1 goal, 6 assists, 7 points), Alex Chiasson (3 goals, 4 assists, 7 points)
Game Day Notes:
– The Jets have earned points in each of their last seven games (5-0-2). During that span, the Jets have only allowed nine goals against.
– Since the Jets returned to Winnipeg, they have a record of 2-6 against the Ottawa Senators.
– Ondrej Pavelec will start in net for the Jets tonight. It will be Pavelec’s 13th start of the season. Pavelec has logged 753:26 of ice time so far this season, 2nd most in the NHL. Pavelec’s 2.07 Goals Against Average ranks 13th best in the NHL.
– Craig Anderson will get the start in goal for the Senators tonight. To say Anderson has been excellent so far this season would be a huge understatement. Anderson has a record of 4-2-1 with a Goals Against Average of 1.84 and a Save Percentage of .948. Anderson has two shutouts.
– Senators defenseman Chris Phillips will not play tonight (lower body).
– Senators forward Bobby Ryan will be a game-time decision tonight. Ryan left Thursday night’s game against the Minnesota Wild. If Ryan cant’ go, expect Erik Condra to replace him in the line-up.
– Senators defenseman Erik Karlsson averages 27:38 of ice time per game, 3rd most in the NHL.
– The Jets average 15.6 penalty minutes per game, 2nd most in the NHL.
– Senators Top Face-off Guy: David Legwand (50.5%, 48th in NHL)
– Jets Top Face-off Guy: Jim Slater (61.5%, 4th in NHL)
– Who’s Under the Microscope for Ottawa: Kyle Turris. The 25-year-old centre has just one goal in 12 games so far this season. Turris needs to be better offensively for the Senators.
– Who’s Under the Microscope for Winnipeg: Mark Scheifele. Scheifele has played well this season but he only has two goals and two assists on the season. Scheifele has gotten his fair share of scoring chances so there is no real cause for concern but this upcoming road trip will be a great opportunity for him to get his offensive game going.
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Ottawa PP (20.4%, 11th in NHL), Ottawa PK (85.4%, 10th in NHL)
– Winnipeg PP (10.6%, 27th in NHL), Winnipeg PK (89.3%, 3rd in NHL)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Evander Kane- Mark Scheifele- Blake Wheeler
Andrew Ladd- Bryan Little- Michael Frolik
Mathieu Perreault- Adam Lowry -Dustin Byfuglien
TJ Galiardi- Jim Slater- Chris Thorburn
Tobias Enstrom- Zach Bogosian
Mark Stuart- Jacob Trouba
Grant Clitsome- Paul Postma
Healthy Scratches: Matt Halischuk, Adam Pardy
Projected Ottawa Senators Line Combinations:
Clarke MacArthur- Kyle Turris – Erik Condra
Milan Michalek- Mika Zibanejad- Alex Chiasson
Zack Smith- David Legwand- Chris Neil
Mike Hoffman- Curtis Lazar- Mark Stone
Jared Cowen- Erik Karlsson
Patrick Wiercioch- Cody Ceci
Mark Borowiecki- Eric Gryba
Ottawa Senators: Chris Phillips (lower body), Marc Methot (back)
Winnipeg Jets: Anthony Peluso (upper body, IR)