When: Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m. CST
Where: First Niagara Center, Buffalo, New York
Records: Winnipeg Jets (11-9-3, 25 points, 8th in West), Buffalo Sabres (6-13-2, 14 points, 16th in East)
Television/Radio: MSG-B, SN1/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Friday, November 28th on the road against the Boston Bruins (6:00 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 4-2 win over the Columbus Blue Jackets
Winnipeg Jets: Blake Wheeler (8 goals, 6 assists, 14 points), Andrew Ladd (7 goals, 6 assists, 13 points), Bryan Little (6 goals, 6 assists, 12 points), Tobias Enstrom (1 goals, 8 assists, 9 points), Michael Frolik (4 goals, 5 assists, 9 points)
Buffalo Sabres: Tyler Ennis (6 goals, 7 assists, 13 points), Drew Stafford (4 goals, 8 assists, 12 points), Zemgus Girgensons (6 goals, 5 assists, 11 points), Matt Moulson (3 goals, 6 assists, 9 points), Brian Gionta (2 goals, 5 assists, 7 points)
Game Day Notes:
– The Jets continue their three game road trip tonight in Buffalo and have a record of 4-4-2 over their last 10 games.
– The Jets have a record of 1-3 against teams in the Atlantic Division this year.
– This is the first of two meetings between the Jets and Sabres this year. The two teams will meet again on Tuesday, December 16th in Winnipeg.
– Prior to Wednesday night’s game. Jets Head Coach Paul Maurice announced that Tobias Enstrom will not play tonight. Enstrom is out with a lower body injury. Grant Clitsome will remain in the starting line-up for the Jets.
– Maurice also announced that Mathieu Perreault (upper body) will not play tonight. Perreault left Tuesday night’s game after being hit by Blue Jackets forward Nick Foligno. Jets forward Anthony Peluso will replace Perreault in the line-up. Peluso has not played since October 19th versus the Calgary Flames.
– Jets forward TJ Galiardi cleared waivers on Wednesday but has not been sent down to the St. John’s IceCaps of the American Hockey League. Galiardi remains with the team.
– Buffalo has scored 36 goals this year which ranks last in the NHL.
– According to Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press, Ondrej Pavelec will start in net for the Jets tonight. Pavelec has a record of 7-8-2 with a .917 Save Percentage and 2.29 Goals Against Average.
– According to John Vogl of Buffalo News, Jhonas Enroth is expected to get the start in goal for the Sabres tonight. In 12 games for the Sabres this season, Enroth has a record of 3-8-1 with a 3.40 Goals Against Average and .908 Save Percentage.
– Late Update: According to Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News, Tyler Myers was not on the ice for the pre-game warm ups and will not play tonight. Myers suffered a hand injury during Buffalo’s last game against Washington. Andre Benoit will replace Myers in the line-up.
– Surging: Jets forward Evander Kane has three goals and one assist in his last five games.
– Slumping: Jets forward Chris Thorburn has no points in 22 games this season.
– Tobias Enstrom leads all Jets in ice time, averaging 25:07 of ice time per game, ranked 11th in the NHL.
– Sabres Defenseman Tyler Myers leads all Sabres in ice time, averaging 24:35 of ice time per game, ranked 18th in the NHL.
– Sabres Top Face-off Guy: Cody Hodgson (49.2%)
– Jets Top Face-off Guy: Jim Slater (56.7%)
– Who’s Under the Microscope for Buffalo: Matt Moulson. Moulson has two goals in the last three games but prior to that had only one goal in his first 18 games. Moulson has struggled offensively this year and more is expected of him and his 5 year, $25 million contract.
– Who’s Under the Microscope for Winnipeg: Ondrej Pavelec. Pavelec has lost four of his last five starts and has allowed 14 goals in those games. With Michael Hutchinson playing very well this season, there is increased pressure on Pavelec to start playing better.
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Buffalo PP (6.7%, 30th in NHL), Buffalo PK (77.2%, 24th in NHL)
– Winnipeg PP (8.4%, 29th in NHL), Winnipeg PK (84.5%, 8th in NHL)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd- Bryan Little- Blake Wheeler
Evander Kane- Mark Scheifele- Dustin Byfuglien
Matt Halischuk- Adam Lowry -Michael Frolik
Anthony Peluso- Jim Slater- Chris Thorburn
Grant Clitsome- Zach Bogosian
Mark Stuart- Jacob Trouba
Adam Pardy- Paul Postma
Healthy Scratches: TJ Galiardi
Projected Buffalo Sabres Line Combinations:
Matt Moulson- Zemgus Girgensons- Tyler Ennis
Brian Flynn- Torrey Mitchell- Brian Gionta
Nicolas Deslauriers- Cody Hodgson- Drew Stafford
Marcus Foligno- Patrick Kaleta- Chris Stewart
Andrej Meszaros- Tyson Strachan
Nikita Zadorov- Rasmus Ristolainen
Mike Weber- Andre Benoit
Buffalo Sabres: Cody McCormick (concussion), Josh Gorges (knee), Matt Hackett (knee)
Winnipeg Jets: Tobias Enstrom (lower body), Mathieu Perreault (upper body)