When: Sunday, October 12, 2014
Time: 9:00 p.m. CST
Where: Staples Center, Los Angeles, California
Records: Winnipeg Jets (1-1-0), Los Angeles Kings (0-1-1)
Television/Radio: TSN3, FS-W/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Friday, October 17th at home against the Nashville Predators (7:00 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 3-0 loss to the San Jose Sharks
Winnipeg Jets: Blake Wheeler (2 goals, 1 assist, 3 points), Tobias Enstrom (0 goals, 2 assists, 2 points), Bryan Little (2 goals, 0 assists, 2 points), Zach Bogosian (0 goals, 2 assists, 2 points), Mark Stuart (1 goal, 0 assists, 1 point)
Los Angeles Kings: Jeff Carter (1 goal, 0 assists, 1 point), Tyler Toffoli (0 goals, 1 assist, 1 point), Tanner Pearson (1 goal, 0 assists, 1 point)
Game Day Notes:
– The Jets took nine minor penalties during last night’s game against San Jose which resulted in eight power plays for the Sharks. The Jets killed off all eight penalties. After two games, the Jets are the most penalized team in the NHL (22.5 penalty minutes/game)
– Jets forward Evander Kane will miss his second consecutive game for the Jets tonight. Kane suffered a knee injury during the 1st period of Thursday night’s season opener against the Arizona Coyotes when he collided with Jets forward Mark Scheifele. Kane will be out at least two weeks.
– The Kings dropped their second consecutive game of the season last night, 3-2 (in overtime) to the Arizona Coyotes. Los Angeles scored the first two goals of the game (Jeff Carter, Tanner Pearson) in the first period but the Coyotes clawed back and Oliver Ekman-Larsson scored the winner with just 14 seconds left in overtime.
– Who’s Under the Microscope for Los Angeles: Brayden McNabb. The 23-year-old defenseman has played the first two games of the season on the top pair with Drew Doughty. Jake Muzzin, Doughty’s usual partner, is out of the line-up with an undisclosed upper body injury. McNabb has only 39 games of NHL experience but he has been given a great chance here to prove he can be a regular in the Kings line-up.
– Who’s Under the Microscope for Winnipeg: Michael Hutchinson. Hutchinson will get his first start of the regular season. Hutchinson was impressive in three starts for the Jets last season but this will be a bigger test on the second night of a back-to-back set in California to start the season.
Special Teams Breakdown:
– After two games, Los Angeles is 0/5 on the Power Play season and 5/8 on the Penalty Kill.
– After two games, Winnipeg is 0/7 on the Power Play and 11/11 on the Penalty Kill.
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Dustin Byfuglien- Mark Scheifele- Blake Wheeler
Andrew Ladd- Bryan Little- Michael Frolik
Adam Lowry- Matthieu Perreault -Chris Thorburn
TJ Galiardi- Jim Slater- Anthony Peluso
Tobias Enstrom- Zach Bogosian
Mark Stuart- Jacob Trouba
Adam Pardy- Paul Postma
Healthy Scratches: Matt Halischuk, Grant Clitsome
Projected Los Angeles Kings Line Combinations:
Marian Gaborik- Anze Kopitar- Justin Williams
Tanner Pearson- Jeff Carter- Tyler Toffoli
Dwight King- Jarret Stoll -Dustin Brown
Kyle Clifford- Mike Richards-Jordan Nolan
Brayden McNabb- Drew Doughty
Robyn Regehr- Slava Voynov
Alec Martinez- Matt Greene
Healthy Scratches: Andy Andreoff
Los Angeles Kings: Jake Muzzin (undisclosed), Trevor Lewis (upper body)
Winnipeg Jets: Patrice Cormier (eye), Evander Kane (knee)