When: Thursday, October 30, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m. CST
Where: Prudential Center, Newark, New Jersey
Records: Winnipeg Jets (4-5-0), New Jersey Devils (4-3-2)
Television/Radio: TSN3, MSG / TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Saturday, November 1st on the road against the New York Rangers (6:00 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 4-3 win over the New York Islanders
Winnipeg Jets: Bryan Little (5 goals, 4 assists, 9 points), Tobias Enstrom (0 goals, 7 assists, 7 points), Andrew Ladd (4 goals, 3 assists, 7 points), Blake Wheeler (3 goals, 2 assists, 5 points), Dustin Byfuglien (2 goals, 1 assist, 3 points)
New Jersey Devils: Adam Henrique (3 goals, 5 assists, 8 points), Jaromir Jagr (2 goals, 5 assists, 7 points), Mike Cammalleri (5 goals, 2 assists, 7 points), Damon Severson (4 goals, 3 assists, 7 points), Patrik Elias (1 goal, 4 assists, 5 points)
Game Day Notes:
– This is the second game of a four game road trip for the Jets. After tonight’s game, the Jets will play back-to-back games against the New York Rangers (Saturday, November 1st) and Chicago Blackhawks (Sunday, November 2nd).
– According to Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press, Jets forward Evander Kane will make his return to the line-up tonight. Kane has missed nine consecutive games with a knee injury suffered during the first game of the season. Kane practised on Thursday morning on a line with Mark Scheifele and Blake Wheeler.
– Jets defenseman Zach Bogosian skated with the Jets this morning but it is not clear if he will play tonight. Jets Head Coach Paul Maurice said that Bogosian will be a game time decision. If Bogosian can’t go, Adam Pardy will take his place in the line-up.
– On Thursday, the Jets placed Anthony Peluso on Injured Reserve retroactive to October 22nd.
– According to Tom Gulitti of the Bergen Record newspaper, Devils forwards Mike Cammalleri, Martin Havlat and Jordin Tootoo were all absent from Thursday’s morning skate and will not play in the game tonight.
– Devils defenseman Adam Larsson will play tonight in place of Eric Gelinas. Larsson has only played one game this season as he has often been a healthy scratch. Larsson was drafted 4th overall in 2011.
– After scoring two goals and one assist in the season opener, Blake Wheeler has just two points in his last eight games (1 goal, 1 assist).
– Devils Top Face-off Guy: Adam Henrique (55.6%, 19th in NHL)
– Jets Top Face-off Guy: Jim Slater (60.0%, 8th in NHL)
– Who’s Under the Microscope for New Jersey: Cory Schneider. Schneider was pulled from the net during New Jersey’s last game, an 8-3 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins. Schneider allowed 5 goals on 23 shots as part of a forgettable performance from the entire team. The former Manitoba Moose goaltender will be looking to redeem himself tonight against the Jets.
– Who’s Under the Microscope for Winnipeg: TJ Galiardi. The 26-year-old Calgary native has failed to register a point in nine games with the Jets. Galiardi was signed to a two-way contract in the offseason by the Jets and was expected to provide some much needed offense in the bottom six. Galiardi has been effective on the penalty kill early on this season but he needs to start putting some points on the board.
Special Teams Breakdown:
– New Jersey Devils PP (25.8%, 3rd in NHL), New Jersey Devils PK (66.7%, 30th in NHL)
– Winnipeg PP (9.4%, 25th in NHL), Winnipeg PK (84.6%, 11th in NHL)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Evander Kane- Mark Scheifele- Blake Wheeler
Andrew Ladd- Bryan Little- Michael Frolik
Mathieu Perreault- Adam Lowry -Dustin Byfuglien
TJ Galiardi- Jim Slater- Chris Thorburn
Tobias Enstrom- Zach Bogosian
Mark Stuart- Jacob Trouba
Grant Clitsome- Paul Postma
Healthy Scratches: Patrice Cormier, Matt Halischuk, Adam Pardy
Projected New Jersey Devils Line Combinations:
Dainius Zubrus- Travis Zajac- Jaromir Jagr
Ryane Clowe- Patrik Elias- Damien Brunner
Reid Boucher- Adam Henrique- Michael Ryder
Tuomo Ruutu- Jacob Josefson- Stephen Gionta
Andy Greene- Damon Severson
Bryce Salvador- Marek Zidlicky
Adam Larsson- Jon Merrill
Healthy Scratches: Eric Gelinas, Scott Gomez
New Jersey Devils: Mike Cammalleri (neck), Martin Havlat (lower body), Cam Janssen (upper body), Jordin Tootoo (foot)
Winnipeg Jets: Anthony Peluso (upper body, IR)