When: Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Time: 9:00 p.m. CST
Where: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, British Columbia
Records: Winnipeg Jets (38-23-12, 88 points, 7th in West), Vancouver Canucks (42-26-4, 88 points, 6th in West)
Television/Radio: SN/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Thursday, March 26th at home against the Montreal Canadiens (7:00 p.m. CST)
Last Game: 4-1 win over the Edmonton Oilers
Winnipeg Jets: Andrew Ladd (24 goals, 34 assists, 58 points), Blake Wheeler (22 goals, 34 assists, 56 points), Bryan Little (24 goals, 27 assists, 51 points), Mark Scheifele (13 goals, 31 assists, 44 points), Dustin Byfuglien (15 goals, 27 assists, 42 points)
Vancouver Canucks: Daniel Sedin (16 goals, 48 assists, 64 points), Henrik Sedin (16 goals, 46 assists, 62 points), Radim Vrbata (27 goals, 26 assists, 53 points), Nick Bonino (13 goals, 18 assists, 31 points), Chris Higgins (9 goals, 21 assists, 30 points)
Game Day Notes:
– Tonight is the second game of a short two game, back-to-back road trip for Winnipeg.
– The Jets have won five games in a row
– Jets Season Road Record: 18-12-7
– The Jets have a record of 8-7-3 against teams in the Pacific Division this year
– The Jets have a record of 26-1-6 when leading after two periods.
– The Jets have a record of 1-19-4 when trailing after two periods.
– The Jets have a record of 22-12-6 when they outshoot their opponent.
– Vancouver’s Season Home Record: 20-14-1
– The Canucks won their last game 3-1 over the Arizona Coyotes and have a record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 games.
– This is the second of three meetings of between the Jets and Canucks. The Canucks defeated the Jets 3-2 on February 3rd in Vancouver. The two teams will play again on Saturday, April 4th in Winnipeg.
– Michael Hutchinson is expected to start in goal for the Jets tonight. It will be Hutchinson’s first start in six games. In 36 games this season, Hutchinson has a record of 20-9-5 with a .913 save percentage, two shutouts and 2.41 Goals Against Average.
– Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien (upper body) will not play tonight. Byfuglien has missed the last eight games.
– Bryan Little (upper body) will also not play tonight. Little has also missed the last eight games.
– Eddie Lack is expected to start in goal for the Canucks tonight. In 32 games this season, Lack has a record of 13-10-3 with a 2.43 goals against average and .920 save percentage.
– On Tuesday Vancouver announced that they signed defenseman Chris Tanev to a five year contract extension that averages $4.45 million per year. Tanev, 25, has two goals and 14 assists in 60 games this year for Vancouver.
– Red Hot for the Jets: Drew Stafford is on a six game points streak (four goals, four assists)
– Red Hot for the Canucks: Radim Vrabata has two goals and three assists in the last four games.
– Milestone Watch Part: Bryan Little needs four more assists to reach 200 career assists.
– Radim Vrbata leads the Canucks with 11 Power Play goals and six game winning goals.
– Derek Dorsett leads the Canucks in hits with 146.
– The Canucks average 2.81 goals for/game, 12th in the NHL. The Jets average 2.71 goals for/game, 16th in the NHL.
– The Canucks average 2.65 goals against/game, 18th in the NHL. The Jets average 2.53 goals against/game, 13th in the NHL.
– Defenseman Tyler Myers leads all Jets in ice time, averaging 24:36 of ice time per game.
– Defenseman Alexander Edler leads all Canucks in ice time, averaging 24:06 of ice time per game.
– Canucks Top Face-off Guy: Bo Horvat (51.8%)
– Jets Top Face-off Guy: Jim Slater (58.4%)
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Vancouver PP (17.6%, 20th in NHL), Vancouver PK (85.5%, 3rd in NHL)
– Winnipeg PP (18.8%, 13th in NHL), Winnipeg PK (81.8%, 12th in NHL)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd- Adam Lowry- Michael Frolik
Blake Wheeler- Mark Scheifele- Drew Stafford
Jiri Tlusty- Jim Slater- Lee Stempniak
Chris Thorburn- Eric O’Dell- Matt Halischuk
Tobias Enstrom- Tyler Myers
Mark Stuart- Jacob Trouba
Adam Pardy- Jay Harrison
Healthy Scratches: TJ Galiardi, Anthony Peluso
Projected Vancouver Canucks Line Combinations:
Daniel Sedin- Henrik Sedin- Alexandre Burrows
Chris Higgins- Nick Bonino- Radim Vrbata
Shawn Matthias- Linden Vey- Derek Dorsett
Ronalds Kenins- Bo Horvat- Jannik Hansen
Alexander Edler- Chris Tanev
Dan Hamhuis- Yannick Weber
Luca Sbisa- Kevin Bieksa
Healthy Scratches: Brandon McMillan
Vancouver Canucks: Ryan Miller (knee), Brad Richardson (ankle), Zack Kassian (back), Andrew Alberts (concussion)
Winnipeg Jets: Grant Clitsome (back surgery, indefinitely), Mathieu Perreault (IR, lower body), Ben Chiarot (surgery, IR), Bryan Little (undisclosed), Paul Postma (upper body)