When: Friday, November 28, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m. CST
Where: TD Garden, Boston, Massachusetts
Records: Winnipeg Jets (12-9-3, 27 points, 8th in West), Boston Bruins (13-9-1, 27 points, 6th in East)
Television/Radio: NHLN-US, TVA2, NESN, TSN3/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Wednesday, December 3rd at home against the Edmonton Oilers (7:00 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 2-1 win over the Buffalo Sabres
Winnipeg Jets: Andrew Ladd (8 goals, 8 assists, 16 points), Blake Wheeler (8 goals, 8 assists, 16 points), Bryan Little (8 goals, 7 assists, 15 points), Michael Frolik (5 goals, 5 assists, 10 points), Tobias Enstrom (1 goals, 8 assists, 9 points)
Boston Bruins: Patrice Bergeron (5 goals, 11 assists, 16 points), Carl Soderberg (5 goals, 10 assists, 15 points), Loui Eriksson (3 goals, 9 assists, 12 points), Dougie Hamilton (4 goals, 8 assists, 12 points), Brad Marchand (5 goals, 6 assists, 11 points)
Game Day Notes:
– The Jets end their three game road trip tonight in Boston. The Jets have won two games in a row and have a record of 5-4-1 over their last 10 games.
– The Jets have a record of 2-3 against teams in the Atlantic Division this year.
– This is the first of two meetings between the Jets and Bruins this year. The two teams will meet again on Friday, December 19th in Winnipeg.
– According to Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun, Tobias Enstrom did not take the morning skate on Friday and remains out with a lower body injury. Mathieu Perreault did skate and will return to the line-up tonight. Perreault will skate on a line with Michael Frolik and Matt Halischuk.
– According to Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press, Michael Hutchinson will start in net for the Jets tonight. In 7 games this year, Hutchinson has a record of 4-1-1 with a .947 Save Percentage and 1.50 Goals Against Average. Hutchinson was drafted by the Boston Bruins in 2008 (3rd round, 77th overall). Hutchinson played 87 games for the Providence Bruins of the American Hockey League.
– Tuukka Rask is expected to start in goal for the Bruins. In his past four outings, Rask has a record of 2-1-1 with a 1.50 GAA and .951 save percentage.
– The Jets Power Play is 3 for 7 over the last two games.
– Jets forward Adam Lowry was handed a one game suspension on Thursday by the NHL’s Department of Player Safety for his hit from behind on Sabres forward Patrik Kaleta. Lowry was issued a major penalty and game misconduct for the hit.
– Surging: Jets forward Bryan Little has three goals and one assist in his last three games.
– Slumping: Jets forward Chris Thorburn has no points in 23 games this season.
– Tobias Enstrom leads all Jets in ice time, averaging 25:07 of ice time per game, ranked 11th in the NHL.
– Bruins defenseman Dougie Hamilton leads all Bruins in ice time, averaging 22:14 of ice time per game, ranked 55th in the NHL.
– Bruins Top Face-off Guy: Patrice Bergeron (58.3%)
– Jets Top Face-off Guy: Jim Slater (56.7%)
– Who’s Under the Microscope for Boston: David Pastrnak. The 18 year-old native of Havirov, Czech Republic played his first career NHL game on Monday against the Pittsburgh Penguins and will play his 2nd career game tonight versus Winnipeg. Pastrnak was Boston’s 1st round choice (25th overall) in the 2014 NHL Draft and has drawn comparisons to fellow Czech David Krejci.
– Who’s Under the Microscope for Winnipeg: Mark Scheifele. Scheifele has just one goal in the last 11 games and has just three goals on the season. Scheifele will be a key player to watch in this game.
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Boston PP (19.6%, 14th in NHL), Boston PK (78.3%, 23rd in NHL)
– Winnipeg PP (11.5%, 28th in NHL), Winnipeg PK (85.0%, 7th in NHL)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd- Bryan Little- Blake Wheeler
Evander Kane- Mark Scheifele- Dustin Byfuglien
Matt Halischuk- Mathieu Perreault -Michael Frolik
Chris Thorburn- Jim Slater- Anthony Peluso
Grant Clitsome- Zach Bogosian
Mark Stuart- Jacob Trouba
Adam Pardy- Paul Postma
Healthy Scratches: TJ Galiardi
Projected Boston Bruins Line Combinations:
Brad Marchand- Patrice Bergeron- David Pastrnak
Milan Lucic- Carl Soderberg- Loui Eriksson
Reilly Smith- Chris Kelly- Seth Griffith
Daniel Paille- Gregory Campbell- Simon Gagne
Dennis Seidenberg- Torey Krug
Joe Morrow- Dougie Hamilton
Matt Bartkowski – Kevan Miller
Healthy Scratches: Matt Fraser
Boston Bruins: David Krejci (groin), Adam McQuaid (thumb), David Warsofsky (groin), Zdeno Chara (knee)
Winnipeg Jets: Tobias Enstrom (lower body), Adam Lowry (suspension)