When: Tuesday, March 10, 2015
Time: 7:00 p.m. CST
Where: Scottrade Center, St.Louis, Missouri
Records: Winnipeg Jets (33-21-12, 78 points, 7th in West), St.Louis Blues (41-19-5, 87 points, 3rd in West)
Television/Radio: TSN3, FS-MW/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Thursday, March 12th on the road against the Florida Panthers (6:30 p.m. CST)
Last Game: 3-1 win over the Nashville Predators
Winnipeg Jets: Andrew Ladd (22 goals, 31 assists, 53 points), Bryan Little (24 goals, 27 assists, 51 points), Blake Wheeler (18 goals, 30 assists, 48 points), Dustin Byfuglien (15 goals, 27 assists, 42 points), Mark Scheifele (10 goals, 27 assists, 37 points)
St.Louis Blues: Vladimir Tarasenko (32 goals, 32 assists, 64 points), Alexander Steen (19 goals, 35 assists, 54 points), Jaden Schwartz (22 goals, 28 assists, 50 points), T.J. Oshie (18 goals, 28 assists, 46 points), David Backes (22 goals, 22 assists, 44 points)
Game Day Notes:
– Tonight is the second game of a four game road trip for Winnipeg. The Jets defeated Nashville 3-1 on Saturday night and are 5-3-2 in their last 10 games.
– Jets Season Road Record: 16-10-7
– The Jets have a record of 13-6-4 against teams in the Central Division this year
– The Jets have a record of 23-1-6 when leading after two periods.
– The Jets have a record of 0-17-4 when trailing after two periods.
– St.Louis’s Season Home Record: 22-8-2
– The Blues have a record of 29-5-2 when they score first
– The Blues won their last game 6-1 over the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night and are 5-4-1 in their last 10.
– The Blues have only won two of their last six home games.
– This is the third of five meetings between the Jets and Blues this season. St.Louis has won both games so far this season. The Jets will face the Blues again on Thursday, March 19th in Winnipeg and Tuesday April 7th in St.Louis.
– David Backes leads the Blues with 9 Power Play goals.
– Michael Hutchinson is expected to start in goal for the Jets tonight. In 34 games this season, Hutchinson has a record of 20-8-5 with a .918 save percentage, two shutouts and 2.30 Goals Against Average. This will be Hutchinson’s 7th start in a row.
– According to Tom Timmermann of the St.Louis Post Dispatch, Brian Elliott is expected to start in net for the Blues tonight. In 36 games this season, the goaltender has a record of 21-10-2 with a .923 save percentage, three shutouts and 2.16 Goals Against Average.
– According to Jeremy Rutherford of the St.Louis Post Dispatch, both Olli Jokinen (upper-body injury) and Jay Bouwmeester (illness) took the game day skate today. According to Rutherford, Jokinen will not play but Bouwmeester is an option.
– Red Hot for the Jets: Michael Frolik is on a six game points streak (four goals, two assists).
– Red Hot for the Blues: Jaden Schwartz is on a three game points streak (two goals, two assists)
– Ice Cold: Jim Slater has no points in the last 11 games.
– Milestone Watch: Bryan Little needs four more assists to reach 200 career assists.
– The Blues average 3.02 goals for/game, 5th in the NHL. The Jets average 2.68 goals for/game, 17th in the NHL.
– The Blues average 2.46 goals against/game, 7th in the NHL. The Jets average 2.59 goals against/game, 15th in the NHL.
– Defenseman Alex Pieterangelo leads all Blues in ice time, averaging 25:15 of ice time per game.
– Blues Top Face-off Guy: Paul Stastny (58.5%)
– Jets Top Face-off Guy: Jim Slater (57.3%)
Special Teams Breakdown:
– St.Louis PP (22.8%, 3rd in NHL), St.Louis PK (81.7%, 14th in NHL)
– Winnipeg PP (18.0%, 18th in NHL), Winnipeg PK (81.0%, 19th in NHL)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd- Adam Lowry- Michael Frolik
Drew Stafford- Mark Scheifele- Blake Wheeler
Jiri Tlusty- Jim Slater- Lee Stempniak
Chris Thorburn- Eric O’Dell- Anthony Peluso
Tobias Enstrom- Tyler Myers
Mark Stuart- Jacob Trouba
Jay Harrison- Adam Pardy
Healthy Scratches: Paul Postma, TJ Galiardi
Projected St.Louis Blues Line Combinations:
Alexander Steen- David Backes- T.J. Oshie
Jaden Schwartz- Jori Lehtera- Vladimir Tarasenko
Dmitrij Jaskin- Paul Stastny – Patrik Berglund
Steve Ott- Marcel Goc- Ryan Reaves
Carl Gunnarsson- Alex Pieterangelo
Petteri Lindbohm- Jay Bouwmeester
Barret Jackman- Robert Bortuzzo
Healthy Scratches: Chris Butler
St.Louis Blues: Zbynek Michalek (concussion), Kevin Shattenkirk (abdomen)
Winnipeg Jets: Grant Clitsome (back surgery, indefinitely), Matt Halischuk (lower body, Injured Reserve), Mathieu Perreault (IR, lower body), Ben Chiarot (surgery, IR), Dustin Byfuglien (upper body), Bryan Little (undisclosed)