When: Sunday, December 21, 2014
Time: 8:00 p.m. CST
Where: MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Records: Winnipeg Jets (17-10-6, 40 points, 7th in West), Philadelphia Flyers (12-14-6, 30 points, 13th in East)
Television/Radio: TCN-PH, TSN3/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Tuesday, December 23rd on the road against the Chicago Blackhawks (7:30 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 2-1 win over the Boston Bruins
Winnipeg Jets: Andrew Ladd (11 goals, 12 assists, 23 points), Blake Wheeler (9 goals, 14 assists, 23 points), Bryan Little (12 goals, 9 assists, 21 points), Dustin Byfuglien (7 goals, 10 assists, 17 points), Mark Scheifele (6 goals, 11 assists, 17 points)
Philadelphia Flyers: Jakub Voracek (12 goals, 30 assists, 42 points), Claude Giroux (10 goals, 29 assists, 39 points), Wayne Simmonds (14 goals, 9 assists, 23 points), Brayden Schenn (9 goals, 13 assists, 22 points), Mark Streit (4 goals, 16 assists, 20 points)
Game Day Notes:
– The Jets are 6-1-3 in their last 10 games.
– Jets Home Record: 8-6-2.
– The Jets have scored the first goal 12 out of the last 14 games.
– The Jets have scored the third fewest goals in the Western Conference (80).
– This is the first of two meetings between the Jets and Flyers this year. The Jets play the Flyers in Philadelphia on January 29th.
– Jets forward Mathieu Perreault is on a six game points streak (two goals, four assists).
– The Flyers defeated the Toronto Maple Leafs by a score of 7-4 last night. Flyers forwards Jakub Voracek and Claude Giroux each had four points.
– Left winger Zac Rinaldo suffered an upper body injury during last night’s game against Toronto and did not return.
– Stat Line for Jay Harrison in his 1st game as a Winnipeg Jet: 20:18 Time on Ice, 1 assist, 1 shot, Plus-1
– According to Brian Munz of TSN 1290 Radio, Ondrej Pavelec will start in net for the Jets tonight. In 23 games this year, Pavelec has a record of 10-8-4 with a .916 Save Percentage and 2.27 Goals Against Average
– According to Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia News, Rob Zepp will make his NHL Debut in net for the Flyers tonight. Zepp,33, has spent the majority of this year with the Leigh Valley Phantoms of the American Hockey League, putting together a 8-5-4 record with a .918 save percentage. Zepp spent 7 seasons in the Deutsche Eishockey Liga (DEL), winning 5 championships with Eisbaren Berlin.
– Winnipeg is 4th in the NHL in team goals against (2.21 goals/game). At the end of last year, the Jets were 22nd in the NHL in team goals against (2.82 goals against/game)
– Milestone Watch: Chris Thorburn is one point away from 100 career points.
– Red Hot: Mark Scheifele has three goals and four assists in the last four games.
– Defenseman Mark Streit leads all Flyers in ice time, averaging 22:47 of ice time per game.
– Flyers Top Face-off Guy: Claude Giroux (56.3%)
– Jets Top Face-off Guy: Jim Slater (55.8%)
– Who’s Under the Microscope for Philadelphia: Rob Zepp. With a rookie goaltender in net and the Flyers playing last night in Toronto, the heat is on Zepp.
– Who’s Under the Microscope for Winnipeg: Bryan Little. Since scoring a hat trick on December 5th against Colorado, Little has one goal in the last six games.
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Philadelphia PP (23.4%, 5th in NHL), Philadelphia PK (75.4%, 28th in NHL)
– Winnipeg PP (15.2%, 23rd in NHL), Winnipeg PK (84.4%, 8th in NHL)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd- Bryan Little- Blake Wheeler
Mathieu Perreault- Mark Scheifele- Michael Frolik
Evander Kane- Adam Lowry-Matt Halischuk
Chris Thorburn- Jim Slater- Anthony Peluso
Ben Chiarot- Dustin Byfuglien
Adam Pardy- Paul Postma
Jay Harrison- Grant Clitsome
Healthy Scratches: Julien Brouillette, TJ Galiardi
Projected Philadelphia Flyers Line Combinations:
Michael Raffl- Claude Giroux- Jakub Voracek
Brayden Schenn- Scott Laughton- Wayne Simmonds
R.J Umberger- Sean Couturier- Matt Read
Chris VandeVelde- Vincent Lecavalier- Pierre-Edouard Bellemare
Nicklas Grossmann- Mark Streit
Nick Schultz- Braydon Coburn
Andrew MacDonald- Luke Schenn
Healthy Scratches: Carlo Colaiacovo, Michael Del Zotto
Philadelphia Flyers: Steve Mason (back), Shayne Gostisbehere (knee), Kimmo Timonen (leg), Ryan White (chest), Zac Rinaldo (upper body)
Winnipeg Jets: Tobias Enstrom (lower body, IR), Zach Bogosian (lower body), Jacob Trouba (upper body, IR), Mark Stuart (lower body)