When: Sunday, October 19, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m. CST
Where: MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Records: Winnipeg Jets (1-3-0), Calgary Flames (3-3-0)
Television/Radio: CITY/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Tuesday, October 21st at home against the Carolina Hurricanes (7:00 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 2-0 loss to the Nashville Predators
Winnipeg Jets: Blake Wheeler (2 goals, 1 assist, 3 points), Tobias Enstrom (0 goals, 3 assists, 3 points), Bryan Little (3 goals, 0 assists, 3 points), Zach Bogosian (0 goals, 2 assists, 2 points), Mark Stuart (1 goal, 0 assists, 1 point)
Calgary Flames: Mark Giordano (1 goal, 5 assists, 6 points), TJ Brodie (2 goals, 4 assists, 6 points), Joe Colborne (0 goals, 5 assists, 5 points), Jiri Hudler (2 goals, 2 assists, 4 points), Mason Raymond (4 goals, 0 assists, 4 points)
Game Day Notes:
– This is the second game of a five game home stand for the Jets. The Jets next three games are against the Carolina Hurricanes, Tampa Bay Lightning and Colorado Avalanche. This will be the longest home stand of the season for the Jets.
– The Jets have scored one goal in their last three games.
– Jets forward Evander Kane will miss his fourth consecutive game for the Jets tonight. Kane suffered a knee injury during the Jets season opener against the Arizona Coyotes back on October 9th. Kane is scheduled to be reevaluated next week.
– Flames rookie forward Johnny Gaudreau will play tonight for the Flames after being a healthy scratch during Friday night’s 3-2 loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets. Gaudreau has yet to register a point in his first five games. Gaudreau had 80 points (36 goals, 44 assists) in 40 games for the Boston College Eagles (Hockey East) last year. He was awarded with the Hobey Baker Award given to the NCAA’s top player.
– 24-year-old Flames rookie forward Josh Jooris suffered an upper-body injury during Friday’s night game against Columbus and will not play tonight. Jooris scored his first NHL goal in what his first NHL regular season game.
– Flames Top Face-off Guy: Sean Monahan (53.3%, 38th in NHL)
– Jets Top Face-off Guy: Jim Slater (56.1%, 22nd in NHL)
– Who’s Under the Microscope for Calgary: Devin Setoguchi. The 27-year-old Taber, Alberta native has no points in three games and finds himself back in the city where he played last year. Setoguchi had a disappointing season for the Jets in 2013’14, registering 27 points (11 goals, 16 assists) in 75 games. Setoguchi will be looking to prove something tonight as he has already been a healthy scratch early this season.
– Who’s Under the Microscope for Winnipeg: Mathieu Perreault. Perreault will play left wing on the top line for the Jets tonight and he is going to be counted on for more offense as the Jets goal scoring drought has been well documented to start the season. Perreault said on Saturday that he has not played left wing since he played for the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League but he is excited for the chance to play on the top line.
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Calgary PP (15.0%, 19th in NHL), Calgary PK (72.0%, 28th in NHL)
– Winnipeg PP (0.00%, 30th in NHL), Winnipeg PK (100%, Tied-1st in NHL)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Mathieu Perreault- Mark Scheifele- Blake Wheeler
Andrew Ladd- Bryan Little- Dustin Byfuglien
TJ Galiardi- Adam Lowry -Michael Frolik
Anthony Peluso- Jim Slater- Chris Thorburn
Tobias Enstrom- Zach Bogosian
Mark Stuart- Jacob Trouba
Adam Pardy- Paul Postma
Healthy Scratches: Matt Halischuk, Grant Clitsome
Projected Calgary Flames Line Combinations:
Joe Colborne- Sean Monahan- Jiri Hudler
Johnny Gaudreau- Mikael Backlund- Mason Raymond
Curtis Glencross- Matt Stajan- Devin Setoguchi
Brandon Bollig- Lance Bouma-Paul Byron
Mark Giordano- TJ Brodie
Ladislav Smid- Dennis Wideman
Kris Russell- Raphael Diaz
Healthy Scratches: Brian McGrattan
Calgary Flames: Josh Jooris (upper body), David Jones (lower body), Sam Bennett (shoulder), Deryk Engelland (lower body), Corey Potter (shoulder)
Winnipeg Jets: Eric O’Dell (upper body), Evander Kane (knee)