When: Sunday, January 18th, 2015
Time: 6:00 p.m. CST
Where: MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Records: Winnipeg Jets (24-14-8, 56 points, 5th in West), Arizona Coyotes (16-24-4, 36 points, 13th in West)
Television/Radio: CITY, FS-A/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Wednesday, January 21st at home against the Columbus Blue Jackets (6:00 p.m. CST)
Last Game: 4-2 win over the Chicago Blackhawks
Winnipeg Jets: Andrew Ladd (17 goals, 21 assists, 38 points), Bryan Little (17 goals, 19 assists, 36 points), Blake Wheeler (12 goals, 23 assists, 35 points), Dustin Byfuglien (11 goals, 19 assists, 30 points), Mathieu Perreault (15 goals, 14 assists, 29 points)
Arizona Coyotes: Antoine Vermette (10 goals, 18 assists, 28 points), Mikkel Boedker (14 goals, 14 assists, 28 points), Keith Yandle (4 goals, 23 assists, 27 points), Shane Doan (10 goals, 13 assists, 23 points), Martin Hanzal (7 goals, 15 assists, 22 points)
Game Day Notes:
– The Jets have won three games in a row and are 5-4-1 in their last 10 games.
– Jets Home Record: 10-9-3
– The Jets are 17-6-5 this season when they score the first goal of a game.
– The Jets have scored 22 goals in the last five games.
– Arizona is 5-5-0 in their last 10 games.
– This is third and final meeting between the Jets and Coyotes this year. Winnipeg defeated Arizona in the season opener back on October 9th and lost 5-2 in Arizona on January 8th.
– Ondrej Pavelec is expected to start in net for the Jets tonight. In 29 games this season, Pavelec is 11-10-6 with a .913 Save Percentage and a 2.46 Goals Against Average.
– Jets forward Mathieu Perreault will not play tonight (arm) and will be out until at least after the All-Star Break. Perreault was cross-checked by Daniel Carcillo during Friday’s night 3-2 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks and had to leave the game. Carcillo has been offered an in-person hearing by the NHL Department of Player Safety (Date and time to be announced).
– TJ Galiardi will replace Perreault in the line-up tonight and will play with Jim Slater and Anthony Peluso on the fourth line.
– Red Hot: Jets Captain Andrew Ladd has six goals and nine assists in the last 12 games.
– Also Red Hot: Dustin Byfuglien has two goals and six assists in the last five games.
– According to Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic, Shane Doan will be a game time decision tonight.
**** Late Pre-Game Update: As per Sarah McLellan, Shane Doan is on the ice for warm-ups but both Martin Erat (healthy scratch) and Zbynek Michalek (upper body) were not on the ice for warm-ups. Erat will be replaced by BJ Crombeen while Michalek will be replaced in the line-up by Chris Summers.
– The Coyotes average 2.23 goals for/game, 26th in the NHL.
– The Coyotes average 3.27 goals against/game, 27th in the NHL.
– Arizona has the third worst goal differential in the NHL (-45)
– Defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson leads all Coyotes in ice time, averaging 25:13 of ice time per game.
– Coyotes Top Face-off Guy: Martin Hanzal (57.7%)
– Jets Top Face-off Guy: Jim Slater (56.7%)
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Arizona PP (21.7%, 7th in NHL), Arizona PK (75.3%, 27th in NHL)
– Winnipeg PP (17.5%, 20th in NHL), Winnipeg PK (83.4%, 9th in NHL)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd- Bryan Little- Blake Wheeler
Evander Kane- Mark Scheifele- Michael Frolik
Chris Thorburn- Adam Lowry-Matt Halischuk
TJ Galiardi- Jim Slater- Anthony Peluso
Dustin Byfuglien- Ben Chiarot
Tobias Enstrom- Zach Bogosian
Jay Harrison- Mark Stuart
Healthy Scratches: Adam Pardy, Paul Postma
Projected Arizona Coyotes Line Combinations:
Tobias Rieder- Antoine Vermette- Mikkel Boedker
Sam Gagner- Martin Hanzal- Shane Doan
Lauri Korpioski- Kyle Chipchura- David Moss
Brandon McMillan- Joe Vitale- BJ Crombeen
Oliver Ekman-Larsson- Michael Stone
Keith Yandle- Chris Summers
Philip Samuelsson- Connor Murphy
Healthy Scratches: Martin Erat
Arizona Coyotes: Shane Doan (lower body), Brandon Gormley (lower body), Zybnek Michalek (upper body)
Winnipeg Jets: Jacob Trouba (upper body, IR), Grant Clitsome (back surgery, indefinitely), Mathieu Perreault (upper body, arm)