The Jets found a way to win. When it was heading to OT I said “The Jets want two points obviously and we shall see what OT decides but have to think that getting at least one out of this game was a win.”. Not sure how many people saw this coming with the Jets down 3-1 after 40 and not playing their best game by any stretch of the imagination. Instead they win 5-4 in OT and improve to 6-2-1 on the season. This includes going 4-0-1 on this six game home stretch (with one game remaining) and 5-0-1 overall at Bell MTS Place. Dating back to last season the Jets have gone 15 games with at least a point at their home barn.
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats here are the results from tonight’s game via Natural Stat Trick.
– Mark Scheifele scored a power play goal (his third goal of the season);
– Brandon Tanev was assessed a five-minute major in the 2nd (which the Blues were unable to capitalize on);
– Ben Chiarot scored a goal early in the 3rd to give the Jets some life;
– Mark Scheifele scored his second of the game (4th of the season) to tie the game at 3;
– After going down 4-3, Bryan Little who has been excellent during this home series, tied it up at 4;
– Jacob Trouba tapped it home in OT for his first of the season;
– Mark Scheifele ended the night with 4 points (2G 2A).
Jets post-game audio:
Blues post-game audio:
Jets are scheduled to practice on Tuesday at 12 noon out at the IcePlex.