Just one point separates the Jets and Leafs with Toronto currently sitting in top spot of the North Division one point up on Winnipeg with one game in hand.
Morning skate news:
As per Ken Wiebe of Sportsnet no changes to the lineup for Winnipeg.
Jets projected lines & D pairs:
Leafs projected lines & D pairs:
Courtesy of Mark Masters of TSN we get a look at how Toronto sets up ahead of puck drop.
Hyman – Matthews – Marner
Galchenyuk – Tavares – Nylander
Thornton – Kerfoot – Spezza
Mikheyev – Engvall – Simmonds
Rielly – Brodie
Muzzin – Holl
Dermott – Bogosian
Players media availability:
Coach media availability:
1. Was the matchup with Leafs reason for moving Pierre-Luc Dubois?
2. Wanting to see Blake Wheeler with Pierre-Luc Dubois.
3. Does the lead up to trade deadline feel different than normal?
4. How much of a carrot is top spot in the division?
5. More on PLD playing with Wheeler and Stastny.
6. Matching lines and getting last change.
7. Does depth of the team make last change less important?
Puck drop is at 6:30 pm CDT. Be sure to head over to illegalcurve.com following the game for a recap of the action which includes post-game interviews from Jets players as well as from head coach Paul Maurice. You can also join us afterwards for our post-game show here (be sure to smash that like/subscribe button).