The Jets win streak ends but the points streak continues after tonight’s shootout loss which drops them to 8-7-1 on the season. It was a snoozer for the most part and these two squads even managed to make OT unexciting.
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats here are the results from the game via Natural Stat Trick.
– Andrew Copp snapped a nine-game goalless skid;
– Bryan Little took a Nikolaj Ehlers slap shot to the head which forced the veteran centre to leave in the 3rd.
Coach Maurice: On the game being sluggish. Any update on Bryan Little? Where did the puck hit him? What did he think of Nathan Beaulieu’s regular season debut? When is the right time to go three forwards in OT? Going back to Kulikov. On Scheifele/Wheeler line being outshot 5 on 5.
No update from Jets coach Paul Maurice with respect to Bryan Little. He simply said “he’s being checked out”.
The Jets are off tomorrow but will return to the ice on Thursday for practice as they get ready to face the red-hot Vancouver Canucks. You can kick start your Wednesday with the AM Jets papers which go live at 7 am on illegalcurve.com.
I also appear on the Illegal Curve Hockey Show every Saturday on TSN 1290 Winnipeg starting at 9 am.
And I occasionally jump in the play-by-play booth at Bell MTS Place to provide colour analysis during Manitoba Moose games.
Latest posts by David Minuk (see all)
- Winnipeg Jets Afternoon Links - November 19, 2019
- Mathieu Perreault set to play in 600th NHL game; calls decision to sign with Winnipeg Jets “best decision I ever made for my career” - November 19, 2019
- Game 22: Jets vs. Predators projected lines - November 19, 2019