- The Blackhawks have been dominant as of late, and even some Hawks are admitting they didn’t seem the team coming this fast. Tim Sassone says the Hawks look flat out scary now with Hossa added to the mix.
- The Blue Jackets played better last night at Ottawa, but it still wasn’t good enough, explains Tom Reed. With the Jackets struggling, coach Ken Hitchcock thinks this is the time when young leaders like Rick Nash grow.
- Helene St. James says the Red Wings are looking to increase scoring by increasing their shots for. (Writer’s note: I wrote an article about this for Puck Prospectus and it will be posted later this afternoon.) Can Todd Bertuzzi help the team out of the slump?
- The Predators will wear their new third jerseys tonight against St. Louis and it is a nice looking jersey. In roster news, the Predators have recalled Alex Sulzer and Dave Scatchard.
- “There’s no way around it. Those guys are charged with that responsibility on our team and when they fulfill their responsibility our game is better,” says Blues coach Andy Murray about his team’s skill players.
- Randy Sportak of the Calgary Sun says Miikka Kiprusoff owes it to his country to go to the Olympics even if he isn’t the starter. The Flames are beginning a long road trip tonight, but with their road record the team isn’t lacking confidence. The Flames are only a point out of first place with two games in hand on Colorado. The Flames are at their best whe they play physical hockey in every zone.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post says all Avs fans and players want is a solid 60 minute effort.
- Dan Barnes of the Edmonton Journal recaps the entire Dany Heatley saga and how it came to this point. Ales Hemsky won’t play tonight for the Oilers because of a shoulder injury. “He’s not expected to be available for a little bit anyway,” said coach Pat Quinn.
- Michael Russo of the Star Tribune profiles Wild assistant coach the well-travelled Dave Barr.
- Roberto Luongo was in fine form last night in his team’s win over Los Angeles and that is coming just at the right time, explains Jason Botchford. Brad Ziemer of the Vancouver Sun recaps last night’s contest.
- The Ducks play an afternoon game today against arguably the best team in the NHL–the Blackhawks.
- Brad Richards has had a quietly terrific season and Marty Turco has some interesting comments about his teammate’s ability.
- Brayden Schenn played just over 12 minutes of ice-time for the Kings in Vancouver.
- Both Ed Jovanovski and Zbynek Michalek returned to the Coyotes lineup on Wednesday.
- “There’s nothing I can do about it. I’m just going to go out there and play,” said Dany Heatley about his expected reception tonight in Edmonton.