This week’s IC Radio Show has been archived, click here to listen/download to the show.
- New Jersey lost its first shootout of the season at Nashville last night. Devils forward Dainius Zubrus may have a broken leg.
- Islanders youngster Kyle Okposo returns to his home state this weekend to face the Wild.
- Apparently Chris Drury is starting to feel better from his concussion. John Tortorella wants Michael Del Zotto to stop passing and start shooting on the power play.
- The Flyers defense has been a far bigger offensive force this season as compared to last. “Any time you play against one of the best teams in the league, you want to see where you are with them,” said former Sharks defenseman Matt Carle heading into tonight’s game.
- “They played a far better and more complete game than we did,” said Penguins defenseman Mark Eaton. Brooks Orpik hopes to be back in the Penguins lineup tomorrow.
- Marc Savard won’t play tonight, but he is close to returning to the lineup. What is the latest on the Marc Savard contract extension talk? Without Savard, the Bruins almost gave away last night’s game twice, but withstood the Atlanta push to pull out a shootout victory.
- John Vogl of the Buffalo News thinks Thomas Vanek is lacking his usual burst.
- Habs coach Jacques Martin says Carey Price is playing a lot better lately because he has taken to working harder.
- The Senators received a two-goal performance from Chris Phillips and just flat outplayed the Penguins last night. Unfortunately after last night’s game, Alexei Kovalev headed back to Russia because his mother-in-law passed away.
- The Leafs management, coaches and players all seem to be talking about changes and that will certainly be heightened after the team’s collapse last night. Last night was the ninth time the Leafs have lost a one-goal game this season. “You can’t blame him if he makes a move,” said Leafs winger Jason Blake about Brian Burke. Gary Roberts thinks the Leafs may have a fitness issue.
- The Thrashers came back late to tie the Bruins, but the only reason the team recorded a point last night was because of Ondrej Pavelec. Bryan Little and Pavel Kubina returned to the lineup last night.
- “That’s the difference. Tonight we showed confidence and character out there,” said Hurricanes defenseman Tim Gleason.
- The Panthers have been better on defense but tonight raises a big challenge with the Red Wings on the schedule.
- The Bolts have been playing well lately but they need the puck more because they are getting outshot. Rick Tocchet thinks goaltending is probably the biggest reason the Lightning is above .500 so far this season.
- Top Capitals prospect John Carlson will make his NHL debut tonight in Montreal. Jose Theodore is having some off-ice troubles, so the team is giving him some time to take a step back.
If you are looking for a holiday gift and want to support IllegalCurve, take a look at our touques that can be purchased for only $9.99 plus shipping. Also, if you want to add IllegalCurve on Twitter, click here.