Alexander Burmistrov is over in Toronto at the BioSteel Camp and following the scrimmage today spoke with Mark Masters of TSN and had this to say about the Jets, coach Maurice and the city during the playoffs:
– Alexander Burmistrov says it’s been a “long two years” away; always his “dream” to play in NHL & thinks he returns a “very improved” player.
– Burmistrov on Paul Maurice: “Seems like a nice guy. I think he’ll teach me lots of things. A great opportunity for me to play for him.”
– Alexander Burmistrov says his 1st conversation with Maurice was two yrs ago at worlds in Minsk; calls it a “positive” memory
– Did Burmistrov see how crazy Winnipeg went for playoffs last Spring? “Oh yeah! Was streaming it online. It was just ridiculous.”
– Asked about his decision to return to Winnipeg, Burmistrov noted there was a new Jets coaching staff.
To watch a video of his post-practice chat click here.