Afternoon Delight: Edmonton Tomorrow
- Interesting article from the Canadian Press, by way of Kukla’s Korner, suggesting that the financial outlook for professional sports might not be too rosy.
- Terry Frei of ESPN looks at the downfall of the Colorado Avalanche. It would be tough to blame Granato for this one, but I would imagine he goes anyways.
- The Seibu Rabbits, a team in the Asia Hockey League, will fold after 37 years. (H/T to Mirtle)
- Former NHL player Mike Danton is back in Canada and eligible for parole.
- A fascinating story about The Curse of Muldoon from Greatest Hockey Legends. Always interesting stuff over here.
- Brian Duff of The Hockey News looks at TJ Oshie’s emergence in St. Louis. Count me as one who didn’t think his skills would translate to the NHL.
- Fanhouse notes that the Hockey Hall of Fame has changed its voting procedures and is now allowing women. First the vote, now this.