It’s Friday, which means we are one day away from the Illegal Curve Hockey Show. We go live tomorrow (Saturday) at a very special 9am Central time on Sports Radio 1290 Winnipeg. You will be able to listen live at their website http://www.sportsradio1290.com we will also have a link at the front of our website IllegalCurve.com.
As we do every week at IllegalCurve.com we will be hosting a live chat, this is the interactive portion of the show. We will have discussion, and as you listen to the show, we will be posting links to all topics, as well as videos to all of the highlights and specific plays that will be discussed on the air. RSVP below for Saturday’s Cover it Live session.
Onto the show:
Our special guests this week will be:
- Scott Burnside of ESPN (twitter: @ESPN_Burnside). This will be Mr. Burnside’s first appearance on the show. We are looking forward to some great hockey discussion with Scott.
- Craig Heisinger, General Manager of the Manitoba Moose. This will be Mr. Heisinger’s first appearance on the show. We’ll be talking to him about the upcoming World Under 17 Hockey Challenge in Winnipeg, as well as the latest on the Manitoba Moose.
- Jeremy Rutherford (twitter: @jprutherford) of the St. Louis Post Dispatch. This will be Mr. Rutherford’s second appearance on the show. With him, we’ll be taking an inside look at the latest happenings of the St. Louis Blues.
As per every show, we will be going over all of the latest topics in the hockey world. These include,
- Saturday night hockey preview
- Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins recent hot streak
- NHL Board of Governors Meeting
- Nordiques fans invade Nassau Colosseum
- The debut of our new segment “Statistically Speaking”
And our regular segments
- On The Beat – highlighting stories from beat writers around the NHL
- NHL News & Notes – firings, suspensions, injuries the latest news around the NHL
- 6 Things We Learned This Week
- Rapid Fire – Richard and Ez go head to head in tackling the week’s hottest issues
- Cheers & Jeers
Tune in at 10am Central time tomorrow for the show and the live chat session. In case you are not able to listen live, we will have the podcast available on iTunes, you can subscribe to our iTunes feed on the button to your right or click here