From TSN:

At a hearing Wednesday, judge Redfield Baum called the relocation issue “the 10,000-pound elephant in the room” and said it needed to be resolved quickly.

He set a hearing for June 9 and promised a ruling shortly thereafter. All briefs and declarations must be submitted by June 5. The relocation hearing had been scheduled for June 22, but Balsillie has said he will withdraw his US$212.5-million offer if the sale is not completed by the end of June.

Read the entire story here.

As the article states, the NHL is going to appeal if it loses and that will serve two purposes.  Number one is obvious, in that it gives them a chance to win the case.  Number two, is the fact that an appeal process would continue to push back a resolution date, thereby making it harder for Balsillie to set the wheels in motion if he were to win the case.

AddThis Website Tools
Richard Pollock

Share
Published by
Richard Pollock

Recent Posts

Winnipeg Jets Morning PapersWinnipeg Jets Morning Papers

Winnipeg Jets Morning Papers

Keeping you up-to-date with all the latest pro hockey news in Manitoba.

2 hours ago
The Jim Rome Show | Conversation with Winnipeg Jets Head Coach Scott ArnielThe Jim Rome Show | Conversation with Winnipeg Jets Head Coach Scott Arniel

The Jim Rome Show | Conversation with Winnipeg Jets Head Coach Scott Arniel

During an off day the bench boss of Winnipeg joined the show to talk about…

9 hours ago

Jets at Noon | Reflections on Jets loss to Kings, state of the Moose & assessing Winnipeg prospects

I joined Jim Toth and Cam Poitras to discuss the NHL & AHL clubs of…

18 hours ago

Next day takeaways: 2 thoughts as the Winnipeg Jets lose to the Kings 4-1

Win or Lose the day after a Jets game we get some next-day thoughts on…

23 hours ago

Winnipeg Jets Morning Papers

Keeping you up-to-date with all the latest pro hockey news in Manitoba.

1 day ago