Anaheim Ducks owner Henry Samueli had his plea bargain proposal rejected today, Reuters reports.

SANTA ANA, California (Reuters) – A California judge on Monday rejected a proposed plea agreement sentence of probation and a fine for Broadcom Corp co-founder Henry Samueli as too lenient, and postponed the sentencing until later this month.

Samueli, 53, pleaded guilty in June to a charge of making a materially false statement to U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission investigators, following the company’s restatement last year of $2 billion in compensation expenses.

Stories of NHL owners in legal trouble has become almost a weekly occurrence.

In a tentative ruling from the bench, U.S. District Judge Cormac Carney said the crime was serious and “could warrant a significant prison sentence.”

Carney said he would issue a final order later Monday, but postponed the sentencing and set a September 29 hearing.

AddThis Website Tools
Kyle Kosior

Share
Published by
Kyle Kosior

Recent Posts

Winnipeg Jets Morning PapersWinnipeg Jets Morning Papers

Winnipeg Jets Morning Papers

Keeping you up-to-date with all the latest pro hockey news in Manitoba.

2 hours ago
The Jim Rome Show | Conversation with Winnipeg Jets Head Coach Scott ArnielThe Jim Rome Show | Conversation with Winnipeg Jets Head Coach Scott Arniel

The Jim Rome Show | Conversation with Winnipeg Jets Head Coach Scott Arniel

During an off day the bench boss of Winnipeg joined the show to talk about…

9 hours ago

Jets at Noon | Reflections on Jets loss to Kings, state of the Moose & assessing Winnipeg prospects

I joined Jim Toth and Cam Poitras to discuss the NHL & AHL clubs of…

18 hours ago

Next day takeaways: 2 thoughts as the Winnipeg Jets lose to the Kings 4-1

Win or Lose the day after a Jets game we get some next-day thoughts on…

23 hours ago

Winnipeg Jets Morning Papers

Keeping you up-to-date with all the latest pro hockey news in Manitoba.

1 day ago