The Jets played a solid 60 minutes tonight in Montreal as they held on for the victory which improves them to 23-16-4 on the season as they slide back into a playoff spot and are 1-0-1 in first two games of this four-game road trip.
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats here are the results from the game via Natural Stat Trick.
– Nikolaj Ehlers 1G 1A;
– Blake Wheeler 2A;
– Andrew Copp scores game-winner in first game back;
– Adam Lowry played in his 400th NHL game;
– Former Jets dman Ben Chiarot with first multi goal game of career.
Coach Maurice: Is Nikolaj Ehlers the new secret weapon on the PK? Andrew Copp’s return to the lineup. The guys who took shots in the game, are they OK? Getting more zone time. Not calling a challenge on the second Habs goal. What did he see from Niku?
All audio courtesy of TSN 1290 Winnipeg.
The Jets will next head to Toronto as the road trip continues. Currently they are scheduled to practice tomorrow afternoon. You can kick start your day with the Morning Papers which go live tomorrow at 7 am on illegalcurve.com.
I also appear on the Illegal Curve Hockey Show every Saturday on TSN 1290 Winnipeg starting at 9 am.
And I occasionally jump in the play-by-play booth at Bell MTS Place to provide colour analysis during Manitoba Moose games.
Latest posts by David Minuk (see all)
- Winnipeg Jets Morning Papers - January 19, 2020
- Winnipeg Jets Practice Report - January 18, 2020
- Winnipeg Jets recall Nelson Nogier from the Manitoba Moose - January 18, 2020