Jets improve to 15-9-1 on the season with tonight’s 5-1 win over the Sharks in San Jose as they kick off the road trip with a victory. Jets improve to 9-2-1 in November and with tomorrow being US Thanksgiving they sit 3rd in the Central (teams in a playoff position at this time tend to make the playoffs 75% of the time).
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats here are the results from the game via Natural Stat Trick.
– David Gustafsson scored his first NHL goal (which was the GWG);
– Patrik Laine had 1G 2A;
– Laine with his patented blast on the power play;
– Laine has three goals in his last four games;
– Kyle Connor had 1G 1A;
– Blake Wheeler had 2A;
– Jack Roslovic with his first career penalty shot;
– The Jets are just 2/13 in penalty shots;
– Connor Hellebuyck made 32 saves for the win.
Coach Maurice: David Gustafsson’s first NHL goal. Overall thoughts on the game. What did he like about the penalty kill? Was Saturday a bit of an aberration? Putting the band back together on the power play. Vintage Blake Wheeler to Patrik Laine. Was the kill of the Roslovic penalty the key point in the game? Importance of stops at the blueline on the penalty kill. On Roslovic’s penalty shot.
All audio courtesy of TSN 1290 Winnipeg.
The Jets are scheduled to practice tomorrow at the Toyota Sports Center in El Segundo, California as they get ready to face the Ducks on Friday afternoon. You can kick start your day with the Morning Papers which go live tomorrow at 7 am on illegalcurve.com.
I also appear on the Illegal Curve Hockey Show every Saturday on TSN 1290 Winnipeg starting at 9 am.
And I occasionally jump in the play-by-play booth at Bell MTS Place to provide colour analysis during Manitoba Moose games.
Latest posts by David Minuk (see all)
- Winnipeg Jets & Manitoba Moose defenceman Sami Niku sidelined 2-4 weeks - December 6, 2019
- Moose keep the Wolves at bay with 3-1 victory - December 6, 2019
- Winnipeg Jets reassign Cam Schilling to the Manitoba Moose - December 6, 2019