The Moose were coming off a heartbreaking loss last night when they lost 3-2 to these same Marlies with 24 seconds left in the 3rd period. Neither team had time to dwell though as the re-match came 16 hours after Friday’s game concluded.
– Moose were down 2-0 quickly despite carrying the play early in the game;
– Darren Kramer scored his third of season to make it a one goal game after Francis Beauvillier forced a turnover;
– Mason Appleton scored his 21st goal of the season to tie it up;
– The home side took the lead 3-2 when recently signed CJ Suess scored his first pro goal;
– The lead lasted nine minutes though as the Marlies evened it at 3 after 40 minutes;
– After Marlies scored 1:25 into final frame, Brody Sutter scored his third goal in three games to tie it up;
– The Marlies took the lead for good after an ill advised Lemieux double-minor.
– Shots were 36-32 for Toronto.
– Sami Niku has a five-game points streak (2G 5A);
– Niku leads all defeceman in the AHL in scoring with 52 points (15G 37A);
– Mason Appleton is tied for third in the AHL in scoring with 61 points (21G 40A).
Next Game Action
April 6th at 7 pm at Bell MTS Place when the Bakersfield Condors come to town.
I also appear on the Illegal Curve Hockey Show every Saturday on TSN 1290 Winnipeg starting at 9 am.
And I occasionally jump in the play-by-play booth at Bell MTS Place to provide colour analysis during Manitoba Moose games.
Latest posts by David Minuk (see all)
- Game 4 of pre-season post-game recap: Jets 4 Flames 1 - September 22, 2019
- Game 4 of the pre-season: Jets vs. Flames projected lines - September 22, 2019
- Winnipeg Jets Morning Papers - September 22, 2019