Game 57: Jets 4 Capitals 3 in OT post-game report
The Jets are now 33-15-9 with the improbable comeback win in overtime over the Capitals. That had to have been one of the wildest games we’ve seen at Bell MTS Place.
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats here are the results from tonight’s game via Natural Stat Trick.
– Dustin Byfuglien used a spin-o-rama to keep a play alive and picked up an assist on the first Jets goal;
– Mark Scheifele scored his 16th of the season and first since he was taken off IR to give the Jets the 1-0 lead;
– For the second game in a row the Jets allowed a late goal against;
– The Jets were down by two in the 3rd and it wasn’t looking good but….
– Bryan Little cut the deficit to one when he scored his 12th goal of the season;
– Jack Roslovic and Dustin Byfuglien got the assists (2nd of game for 33);
– And with 14.4 seconds to go, Mark Scheifele shorthanded tied the game scoring his 17th;
– Assists went to Wheeler and Perreault;
– It was a back and forth OT but Mark Scheifele picked up his third point of game feeding Myers for game winner.
– Connor Hellebuyck is now 29-8-8 with a 2.37 GAA and .922 save %.
– Mark Scheifele 2G 1A
– Dustin Byfuglien 2A
– Mathieu Perreault 2A
Coach Maurice: To come out of the game with two points, what does that do for the psyche moving forward? Making the lineup moves. Thoughts on Tyler Myers. Frustration the Jets were feeling heading into the game and being able to bottle it the right way. On the “external pressure” and whether they are finding their way into the room.