Game 55: Blues 5 Jets 2 post-game report
The Jets are now 32-14-9 with the 5-2 loss to the Blues. They are 20-4-2 at Bell MTS Place but tonight’s rare home loss was the first regulation loss in Winnipeg since a December 14th 5-1 loss to Chicago.
The Jets just didn’t have it tonight. They seemed to juggle the puck quite a bit and credit to the Blues who took advantage of the opportunities presented to them. Vlad Tarasenko added two goals (22, 23) and local lad Alexander Steen also scored against the team playing out of his hometown. Jake Allen made 20 saves to pick up his first win since December 23rd.
With the win the Blues are now two back of the Jets for second in the Central although Winnipeg has two games in hand on their division rival.
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats here are the results from tonight’s game via Natural Stat Trick.
– Kyle Connor scored his 18th of the season;
– Jack Roslovic got his first ever NHL assist;
– Patrik Laine scored his 25th goal of the season (14th goal on the power play);
– Blake Wheeler picked up an assist which is his team leading 45th on the year.
– Kyle Connor was only Jets player to have a multi point game with a goal and assist.