Game 52: Golden Knights 3 Jets 2 in OT post-game report
The Jets are now 30-13-9 with the 3-2 overtime loss to the top team in the Western Conference in the Vegas Golden Knights.
Of course all everyone was talking about following the game was the James Neal slash across Connor Hellebuyck’s mask which was followed by the Erik Haula go ahead goal.
Listen to the Jets reaction below.
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats here are the results from tonight’s game via Natural Stat Trick.
– Joel Armia had a goal and assist;
– It was Joel Armia’s 10th goal of the season (matching his career high which he set last season);
– Kyle Connor had a goal and assist;
– It was Kyle Connor’s 17th goal and 15th assist of season (he’s now seventh in rookie scoring);
– Connor Hellebuyck is now 26-6-8 on the season with a 2.36 GAA and .924 save%.
Coach Maurice scrum topics: What was the explanation for the goal that was allowed to stand. What were his thoughts on the second Vegas goal against after the Neal slash to Hellebuyck’s head? On why he gave Kyle Connor another shot after the 3rd period penalty. Thoughts overall on Kyle Connor’s game. On why he flipped Tanev/Armia. Did the officials concede that they missed the Neal slash? On the memo the NHL sent out on “letting more go”.