Game 50: Ducks 4 Jets 3 in SO post-game report
The Jets are now 29-13-8 with the 4-3 shootout loss to the Ducks. Winnipeg heads into the All-Star break as the top team in the central division, one point up on Nashville although the Preds hold three games in hand.
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats here are the results from tonight’s game via Natural Stat Trick.
– Patrik Laine picked up his team leading 22nd goal of the season;
– Jacob Trouba picked up an assist in the game and was excellent throughout the contest;
– Jack Roslovic scored his first NHL goal to tie the game.
– Blake Wheeler inadvertently slid into Ducks goalie John Gibson causing him to leave the game late in 3rd;
– Jets didn’t get a shot on replacement Ryan Miller for rest of 3rd or in OT, first shot against was in shootout;
– Having used Little/Laine/Wheeler, coach Maurice chose Matt Hendricks to shoot fourth in shootout;
– Ducks goalie Ryan Miller with the rare zero save win (played 11:40 total)
– Mike McIntyre (Winnipeg Free Press) indicates Ryan Miller is fifth goalie in last 40 years to accomplish this.
Coach Maurice: Assessment of the game. Not putting up any shots on Ryan Miller when he came into the game. Being able to answer the Ducks goals with equalizers. What did they do well on the penalty kill? Thoughts on Jack Roslovic getting his first NHL goal? What is his message to his All-Stars this weekend? On the Jets disallowed goal, was it the right call?
Audio courtesy of TSN 1290 Winnipeg.