Game 49: Jets 5 Sharks 4 in OT post-game report
The Jets are now 29-13-7 with the 5-4 OT win over the Sharks. Winnipeg moves two points up on Nashville in 1st place in the central division with the Preds holding three games in hand.
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats here are the results from tonight’s game via Natural Stat Trick.
– Just 18 seconds in Mathieu Perreault deflected a Ehlers shot into the net to open the scoring for Wpg;
– Coming into the game the Jets were 22-1-4 when they score the first goal of the game;
– An assist credited to Bryan Little (his 20th) on the opening goal gives him 10 straight seasons of at least 20;
– Nice pass by Copp up to Joel Armia who scored his ninth of season to make it 2-0;
– Dmitry Kulikov was boarded by Hertl resulting in a 5 minute major (Trouba got a 2 minute minor for roughing);
– Bryan Little scored his ninth of the season on the power play to make it 3-0;
– Sharks scored three straight to tie the game;
– Joel Armia scored his second of the game to give the Jets a 4-3 lead;
– Bryan Little’s second of the game won it in OT just 18 seconds into the extra period;
– It was the first OT win for the Jets who had lost the previous six times.
– Joel Armia had two goals (8,9)
– Bryan Little had two goals (9,10) and one assist (20);
– Mathieu Perreault had a goal (15) and assist (14);
– Nikolaj Ehlers had two assists (17,18);
– Connor Hellebuyck is 26-6-6 on the season
Coach Maurice: Overall thoughts on the game. On the Jets appearing lost at times in their zone. Update on Kulikov?
Audio courtesy of TSN 1290 Winnipeg.