Game 35: Jets 6 Predators 4 post-game report
The Jets are now 20-10-5 on the season.
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats here are the results from tonight’s game via Natural Stat Trick.
– Adam Lowry scored his 6th of the season;
– Jets played a terrific opening 19 minutes but allowed two goals in 21 seconds by the Preds in the final minute;
– Patrik Laine 17th of the season (5 on 5 no less) tied the game;
– Coach Maurice flipped Kyle Connor and Nikolaj Ehlers during 2nd period;
– Nikolaj Ehlers scored his 16th of the season which tied the game;
– Nikolaj Ehlers scored his 17th of the season gave the Jets a 4-3 lead (ties Laine for team lead);
– Nikolaj Ehlers has six goals in his last seven games;
– Brandon Tanev had the game winning goal, his third of the season;
– Blake Wheeler blocked a shot protecting a one-goal lead and then fired it into empty net with 0.7 seconds left;
– That was as good a hockey game as you are going to see this season.
– Connor Hellebuyck is now 18-4-0-4 on the season.
– Tyler Myers had 3A;
– Nikolaj Ehlers had 2G;
– Adam Lowry had 1G 1A;
– Blake Wheeler had 1G 1A;
– Branon Tanev had 1G 1A
Coach Maurice: Overall thoughts on the game. Giving up the two late goals in the 1st period, but bouncing back in the 2nd. Seeing Brandon Tanev get the game winner and play of 3rd line. Switching up Ehlers/Connor. Blocked shots and play in the Jets end.
Audio courtesy of TSN 1290 Winnipeg.