Game 81: Jets 5 Blue Jackets 4 post-game report
– Jets win their sixth game in a row for the first time since relocation from Atlanta;
– Eric Comrie picks up his first career NHL win in his first career NHL game;
– Comrie made 35 saves on 39 shots (including eight in his first six minutes to open the game);
– Columbus born Jack Roslovic also made his NHL debut finishing with one shot on net in 8:24 of ice time;
– Mark Scheifele scored his 32nd goal of the season (81st point);
– Bryan Little had a goal and three assists;
– Mathieu Perreault had a goal and two assists;
– Jacob Trouba had two power play goals.
Bryan Little: Thoughts on the game. On his performance. On the play of Eric Comrie. On the way the Jets played on the road down the stretch.
Eric Comrie: What was it like tonight? Did getting some touches early help? How long did it take to get settled? What will be the biggest thing that stands out? Did it feel any different than what he has been used to with the Moose? Did he rely on his technical ability? What was best piece of advice he got going into the game?
Jacob Trouba: His thoughts on the way the Jets played. On the play of Eric Comrie.
Coach Maurice: On the play of Eric Comrie. What did he like about the Jets resiliency? When did he get a sense that Comrie was comfortable? Thoughts on Jack Roslovic’s game. The play of Jacob Trouba. On Roslovic’s first shift (three seconds long). On the six game win streak.
All audio courtesy of TSN 1290 Winnipeg.