Game Day Set-Up: Bruins @ Jets
When: Thursday, April 10, 2014
Time: 7:00 p.m. CST
Where: MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Records: Winnipeg Jets (35-35-10, 12th in the Western Conference), Boston Bruins (53-18-8, 1st in the Eastern Conference)
Television/Radio: TSN-JETS, NESNPLUS/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Friday, April 11th on the road against the Calgary Flames (8:00 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 1-0 home loss to the Minnesota Wild
Winnipeg Jets: Blake Wheeler (27 goals, 40 assists, 67 points), Bryan Little (23 goals, 40 assists, 63 points), Dustin Byfuglien (20 goals, 36 assists, 56 points), Andrew Ladd (23 goals, 31 assists, 54 points), Olli Jokinen (18 goals, 24 assists, 42 points)
Boston Bruins: David Krejci (17 goals, 49 assists, 66 points), Jarome Iginla (30 goals, 31 assists, 61 points), Patrice Bergeron (29 goals, 32 assists, 61 points), Milan Lucic (24 goals, 34 assists, 58 points), Reilly Smith (20 goals, 30 assists, 50 points)
Game Day Notes:
– The Bruins lost their last game, 4-3 (shootout) to the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday and are 6-1-3 over their last 10 games.
- Boston Bruins forward Jarome Iginla will play for the Bruins tonight. He has missed the last two games with a lower body injury.
– Michael Hutchinson will make his second consecutive start in goal for the Jets tonight. Hutchinson stopped 16 of 17 shots in Monday night’s loss to the Minnesota Wild in his first career NHL start.
– On Wednesday the Jets recalled Patrice Cormier from the St. John’s IceCaps of the American Hockey League. Cormier has nine goals and 17 assists in 58 games with the IceCaps this year. Cormier has played in seven games with the Jets this year (one assist). Cormier will be in the line-up for the Jets tonight.
– On Wednesday the Bruins recalled Ryan Spooner from the Providence Bruins of the American Hockey League. Spooner has played most of this season in the AHL (45 games played, 11 goals, 34 assists, 45 points). Spooner has played in 22 games with the Bruins this year (11 assists). Spooner will be in the line-up for the Bruins tonight.
– Bruins centre Patrice Bergeron did not practise with the Bruins Thursday morning and may not play tonight.
– Devin Setoguchi will be a healthy scratch for the Jets tonight.
– The Jets will be handing out their team awards prior to tonight’s game at MTS Centre. The awards being given out are Dan Snyder Memorial Award, Northwest Company Community Service Award and Manitoba Hydro Three Stars of the Game Award.
– Zdeno Chara leads the Bruins and ranks 13th in the NHL in average ice time (24:42/game). Tobias Enstrom leads the Jets in average ice time (23:53/game) which ranks 31st in the NHL.
– The Bruins average 10.8 penalty minutes/game which ranks 15th in the NHL. The Jets average 11.9 penalty minutes/game which is 22nd in the NHL.
– Who’s Hot: Bruins forward Patrice Bergeron has 10 goals and six assists in his last 12 games (12 game point streak). Jets forward Bryan Little has three goals and six assists in his last 10 games.
– Who’s Cold: Devin Setoguchi has one assist in his last 15 games.
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Boston has the 3rd Ranked Power Play in the NHL (21.3%) and the 8th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (83.7%)
– Winnipeg has the 23rd Ranked Power Play in the NHL (15.6%) and the 10th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (83.3%)
– Michael Hutchinson (0-1-0, 1.03 GAA, .941 Save Percentage)
– Chad Johnson (17-3-2, 2.12 GAA, .923 Save Percentage)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Evander Kane-Bryan Little-Michael Frolik
Eric Tangradi- Olli Jokinen-Blake Wheeler
Matt Halischuk- Jim Slater -Eric O’Dell
Anthony Peluso- Patrice Cormier-Carl Klingberg
Mark Stuart- Jacob Trouba
Tobias Enstrom- Paul Postma
Adam Pardy- Zach Redmond
Healthy Scratches: Ben Chiarot, Devin Setoguchi
Projected Boston Bruins Line Combinations:
Milan Lucic-David Krejci- Jarome Iginla
Brad Marchand-Ryan Spooner- Reilly Smith
Jordan Caron- Carl Soderberg- Loui Eriksson
Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell- Shawn Thornton
Zdeno Chara- Dougie Hamilton
Matt Bartkowski- Johnny Boychuk
Torey Krug- Kevan Miller
Healthy Scratches: Corey Potter, Andrej Meszaros
Boston Bruins: Chris Kelly (back injury, day-to-day), Adam McQuaid (quadriceps), Dennis Seidenberg (lower body)
Winnipeg Jets: Grant Clitsome (back, out for season), James Wright (ankle), Mark Scheifele (knee), Chris Thorburn (out indefinitely), Zach Bogosian (upper body, day-to-day), Al Montoya (lower body), Keaton Ellerby (lower body), Dustin Byfuglien (torn muscle), Andrew Ladd (undisclosed)