Game Day Set-Up: Wild @ Jets
When: Monday, April 7, 2014
Time: 7:00 p.m. CST
Where: MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Records: Winnipeg Jets (35-34-10, 12th in the Western Conference), Minnesota Wild (40-26-12, 7th in the Western Conference)
Television/Radio: TSN-JETS, FS-N/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Thursday, April 10th at home against the Boston Bruins (7:00 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 4-2 road win over the Toronto Maple Leafs
Winnipeg Jets: Blake Wheeler (27 goals, 40 assists, 67 points), Bryan Little (23 goals, 40 assists, 63 points), Dustin Byfuglien (20 goals, 36 assists, 56 points), Andrew Ladd (23 goals, 31 assists, 54 points), Olli Jokinen (18 goals, 24 assists, 42 points)
Minnesota Wild: Jason Pominville (27 goals, 27 assists, 54 points), Zach Parise (28 goals, 25 assists, 53 points), Mikko Koivu (11 goals, 39 assists, 50 points), Ryan Suter (7 goals, 35 assists, 42 points), Mikael Granlund (8 goals, 33 assists, 41 points)
Game Day Notes:
– The Wild won their last game, 4-0 over the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday and are 5-3-2 over their last 10 games.
– On Monday after the Jets morning skate it was announced that Dustin Byfuglien will be out for the rest of the regular season with a torn muscle.
– Jets Captain Andrew Ladd did not practise with the team Monday morning and is out with an undisclosed injury.
– Jets forward Jim Slater will play in his 500th career NHL game.
– Michael Hutchinson will start in goal for the Jets tonight. It will be his first career NHL start. This year with the St. John’s Ice Caps, Hutchinson has a record of 15-5-1 with a 2.33 Goals Against Average and .923 Save Percentage.
– On Monday the Jets recalled Carl Klingberg from the St. John’s IceCaps of the American Hockey League. Klingberg has 20 goals and 18 assists in 62 games with the IceCaps this year. Klingberg has played in seven career NHL games (no points). Klingberg will make his season debut for the Jets tonight.
– Jets forward Evander Kane will return to the Jets line-up tonight. Kane was a healthy scratch on Saturday in Toronto. Kane only has two goals in his last 18 games.
– Ryan Suter leads the Wild and ranks 1st in the NHL in average ice time (29:43/game). Tobias Enstrom leads the Jets in average ice time (23:52/game).
-The Wild average 9.4 penalty minutes/game which ranks 6th in the NHL. The Jets average 12.0 penalty minutes/game which is 21st in the NHL.
– Who’s Hot: Wild forward Zach Parise has four goals and three assists in his last five games. Jets forward Bryan Little has three goals and six assists in his last nine games.
– Who’s Cold: Devin Setoguchi has one goal and one assist in his last 15 games.
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Minnesota has the 16th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (18.0%) and the 27th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (79.4%)
– Winnipeg has the 23rd Ranked Power Play in the NHL (15.9%) and the 11th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (83.2%)
– Michael Hutchinson (0-0-0, 0.00 GAA, .1000 Save Percentage)
– Ilya Bryzgalov (5-0-3, 1.87 GAA, .920 Save Percentage)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Evander Kane-Bryan Little-Michael Frolik
Eric Tangradi- Olli Jokinen-Blake Wheeler
Matt Halischuk- Eric O’Dell-Devin Setoguchi
Carl Klingberg- Jim Slater-Anthony Peluso
Mark Stuart- Jacob Trouba
Tobias Enstrom- Paul Postma
Adam Pardy- Zach Redmond
Healthy Scratches: Ben Chiarot
Projected Minnesota Wild Line Combinations:
Zach Parise-Mikko Koivu- Charlie Coyle
Matt Moulson-Erik Haula- Jason Pominville
Matt Cooke-Kyle Brodziak- Justin Fontaine
Stephane Veilleux-Cody McCormick- Nino Niederreiter
Ryan Suter- Jared Spurgeon
Nate Prosser- Jonas Brodin
Jonathan Blum- Marco Scandella
Minnesota Wild: Darcy Kuemper (upper body), Keith Ballard (groin), Jason Zucker (quadriceps), Clayton Stoner (knee), Niklas Backstrom (abdomen), Josh Harding (illness)
Winnipeg Jets: Grant Clitsome (back, out for season), James Wright (ankle), Mark Scheifele (knee), Chris Thorburn (out indefinitely), Zach Bogosian (upper body, day-to-day), Al Montoya (lower body), Keaton Ellerby (lower body), Dustin Byfuglien (torn muscle), Andrew Ladd (undisclosed)