Game Day Set-Up: Jets @ Coyotes
When: Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Time: 9:00 p.m. CST
Where: Jobing.com Arena, Glendale, Arizona
Records: Winnipeg Jets (33-33-10, 12th in the Western Conference), Phoenix Coyotes (36-27-12, 8th in the Western Conference)
Television/Radio: TSN-JETS, FS-A PLUS/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Thursday, April 3rd at home against the Pittsburgh Penguins (7:00 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 5-4 overtime loss to the Anaheim Ducks
Winnipeg Jets: Blake Wheeler (27 goals, 37 assists, 64 points), Bryan Little (22 goals, 39 assists, 61 points), Dustin Byfuglien (20 goals, 35 assists, 55 points), Andrew Ladd (22 goals, 29 assists, 51 points), Olli Jokinen (16 goals, 24 assists, 40 points)
Phoenix Coyotes: Keith Yandle (8 goals, 43 assists, 51 points), Radim Vrbata (20 goals, 29 assists, 49 points), Mikkel Boedker (19 goals, 28 assists, 45 points), Mike Ribeiro (15 goals, 30 assists, 45 points), Shane Doan (20 goals, 24 assists, 44 points)
Game Day Notes:
- Heading into tonight’s game, the Jets sit in 12th place in the Western Conference, eight points behind the Phoenix Coyotes for the 8th and final playoff spot.
- Tonight is the final game of a five game road trip for the Jets. The Jets are 1-2-1 on the trip so far.
- The Coyotes lost their last game, 3-1 to the Minnesota Wild on Saturday and are 6-3-1 over their last 10 games.
- Ondrej Pavelec will make his second start in a row in goal for the Jets. Pavelec stopped 31 of 36 shots against the Ducks last night but let in four goals in the third period and overtime. Al Montoya is still out of the line-up with a lower body injury.
- Jets forward Devin Setoguchi will play tonight. Setoguchi was a healthy scratch for the last three games.
- Coyotes defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson leads the team in average ice time (25:59/game) which ranks 7th most in the NHL. Tobias Enstrom leads the Jets in average ice time (23:56/game) which ranks 28th in the NHL.
-The Coyotes average 10.3 penalty minutes/game which ranks 10th in the NHL. The Jets average 12.2 penalty minutes/game which is 24th in the NHL.
- Who’s Hot: Coyotes forward Mikkel Boedker has two goals and two assists in his last five games. Jets forward Blake Wheeler has three goals and two assists in his last three games.
- Who’s Cold: Olli Jokinen has one assist in his last seven games.
Special Teams Breakdown:
- Phoenix has the 5th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (20.7%) and the 25th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (79.8%)
- Winnipeg has the 24th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (15.8%) and the 11th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (83.4%)
- Ondrej Pavelec (20-25-7, 3.05 GAA, .901 Save Percentage)
- Thomas Greiss (9-6-2, 2.30 GAA, .924 Save Percentage)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd-Bryan Little-Michael Frolik
Dustin Byfuglien- Olli Jokinen-Blake Wheeler
Evander Kane- Eric O’Dell-Matt Halischuk
Eric Tangradi- Jim Slater-Devin Setoguchi
Mark Stuart- Jacob Trouba
Tobias Enstrom- Paul Postma
Adam Pardy- Zach Redmond
Scratches: Anthony Peluso
Projected Phoenix Coyotes Line Combinations:
Mikkel Boedker-Antoine Vermette- Shane Doan
Lauri Korpikoski-Martin Hanzal- Radim Vrbata
Brandon McMillan-Mike Ribeiro- Martin Erat
Rob Klinkhammer-Kyle Chipchura- Jeff Halpern
Oliver Ekman-Larsson- Zbynek Michalek
Keith Yandle- Michael Stone
Chris Summers- Derek Morris
Healthy Scratches: Connor Murphy, Paul Bissonnette
Phoenix Coyotes: Mike Smith (lower body), David Moss (lower body), David Schlemko (lower body), Rostislav Klesla (suspension)
Winnipeg Jets: Grant Clitsome (back, out for season), James Wright (ankle), Mark Scheifele (knee), Chris Thorburn (out indefinitely), Zach Bogosian (upper body, day-to-day), Al Montoya (lower body), Keaton Ellerby (lower body)