Game Day Set-Up: Jets @ Kings
When: Saturday, March 29, 2014
Time: 9:00 p.m. CST
Where: Staples Center, Los Angeles, California
Records: Winnipeg Jets (33-32-9, 12th in the Western Conference),Los Angeles Kings (43-25-6, 6th in the Western Conference)
Television/Radio: CBC, FS-W/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Monday, March 31st on the road against the Anaheim Ducks (9:00 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 4-3 road win over the San Jose Sharks
Winnipeg Jets: Blake Wheeler (25 goals, 37 assists, 62 points), Bryan Little (22 goals, 37 assists, 59 points), Dustin Byfuglien (20 goals, 33 assists, 53 points), Andrew Ladd (22 goals, 29 assists, 51 points), Olli Jokinen (16 goals, 24 assists, 40 points)
Los Angeles Kings: Anze Kopitar (22 goals, 38 assists, 60 points), Jeff Carter (26 goals, 21 assists, 47 points), Mike Richards (11 goals, 30 assists, 41 points), Justin Williams (18 goals, 20 assists, 38 points), Drew Doughty (9 goals, 27 assists, 36 points)
Game Day Notes:
– Heading into tonight’s game, the Jets sit in 12th place in the Western Conference, nine points behind the Phoenix Coyotes for the 8th and final playoff spot.
– Tonight is the third game of a five game road trip for the Jets. After tonight, the Jets play Anaheim (Monday, March 31st) and Phoenix (Tuesday, April 1st).
– The Kings won their last game, 3-2 over the Pittsburgh Penguins on Thursday and are on a five game winning streak.
– Jets goaltender Ondrej Pavelec will get the start in goal tonight after missing the last six games with a lower body injury.
– Jets forward Devin Setoguchi will be a healthy scratch tonight for the second game in a row.
– Kings defenseman Drew Doughty leads the team in average ice time (25:59/game) which ranks 6th most in the NHL. Tobias Enstrom leads the Jets in average ice time (23:56/game) which ranks 28th in the NHL.
-The Sharks average 11.3 penalty minutes/game which ranks 20th in the NHL. The Jets average 12.5 penalty minutes/game which is 24th in the NHL.
– Who’s Hot: Kings forward Jeff Carter has three goals and five assists in his last 10 games. Jets forward Blake Wheeler has two goals and eight assists in his last six games.
– Who’s Cold: Olli Jokinen has one assist in his last five games.
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Los Angeles has the 25th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (15.3%) and the 11th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (83.4%)
– Winnipeg has the 24th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (15.9%) and the 10th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (83.6%)
– Ondrej Pavelec (20-24-6, 2.97 GAA, .902 Save Percentage)
– Jonathan Quick (25-15-2, 2.06 GAA, .916 Save Percentage)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd-Bryan Little-Michael Frolik
Dustin Byfuglien- Olli Jokinen-Blake Wheeler
Evander Kane- Eric O’Dell-Matt Halischuk
Eric Tangradi- Jim Slater-Anthony Peluso
Mark Stuart- Jacob Trouba
Tobias Enstrom- Keaton Ellerby
Adam Pardy – Paul Postma
Scratches: Devin Setoguchi
Projected Los Angeles Kings Line Combinations:
Marian Gaborik-Anze Kopitar- Justin Williams
Tyler Toffoli- Jeff Carter- Tanner Pearson
Dwight King- Jarret Stoll- Dustin Brown
Kyle Clifford-Mike Richards- Trevor Lewis
Jake Muzzin- Drew Doughty
Robyn Regehr- Slava Voynov
Willie Mitchell- Alec Martinez
Healthy Scratches: Matt Greene, Jordan Nolan
Los Angeles Kings: Colin Fraser (hand)
Winnipeg Jets: Grant Clitsome (back, out for season), James Wright (ankle), Mark Scheifele (knee), Chris Thorburn (out indefinitely), Zach Bogosian (upper body)