Game Day Set-Up: Canucks @ Jets
When: Friday, January 31, 2014
Time: 7:30 p.m. CST
Where: MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Records: Winnipeg Jets (25-25-5, 12th in the Western Conference), Vancouver Canucks (27-19-9, 8th in the Western Conference)
Television/Radio: TSN/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Sunday, February 2nd on the road against the Montreal Canadiens (12:00 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 4-3 home loss to the Nashville Predators
Winnipeg Jets: Bryan Little (17 goals, 27 assists, 44 points), Blake Wheeler (22 goals, 22 assists, 44 points), Dustin Byfuglien (12 goals, 28 assists, 40 points), Andrew Ladd (12 goals, 24 assists, 36 points), Mark Scheifele (11 goals, 20 assists, 31 points)
Vancouver Canucks: Daniel Sedin (13 goals, 27 assists, 40 points), Henrik Sedin (9 goals, 31 assists, 40 points), Ryan Kesler (18 goals, 16 assists, 34 points), Chris Higgins (15 goals, 16 assists, 31 points), Mike Santorelli (10 goals, 18 assists, 28 points)
Game Day Notes:
- The Canucks have lost two games in a row and have only won four of their last 10 games.
- Vancouver averages 2.47 goals/game, 22nd in the NHL. The Jets average 2.73 goals/game, 14th in the NHL. Vancouver averages 2.49 goals against/game, 11th in the NHL. The Jets average 2.87 goals/against, 21st in the NHL.
- The Canucks and Jets have both played in 30 one-goal games, tied for 3rd most in the National Hockey League.
-The Canucks average 15 penalty minutes/game which is 2nd most in the NHL.
- Who’s Hot: Vancouver forward Chris Higgins has three goals and two assists in his last four games. Jets forward Blake Wheeler has seven goals and six assists in his last 10 games.
- Who’s Cold: Canucks forward Daniel Sedin has not scored a goal in 14 games. Canucks forward Ryan Kesler has one goal in his last 11 games. Jets forward Olli Jokinen has zero points in his last six games.
- Tonight marks Paul Maurice‘s ninth game as Head Coach of the Jets. Winnipeg is 6-2 under Maurice so far.
- On Wednesday, Jets defenseman Paul Postma was assigned to the St.John’s IceCaps (AHL) on a conditioning loan. Postma last played a game for the Jets on October 26th against the Dallas Stars. Postma was dealing with a blood clot in his calf and was recently taken off Injured Reserve.
Special Teams Breakdown:
- Vancouver has the 29th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (13.6%) and the 4th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (85.3%)
- Winnipeg has the 24th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (14.8%) and the 11th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (83.2%)
- Ondrej Pavelec (16-21-4, 2.99 GAA, .901 Save Percentage)
- Eddie Lack (8-6-3, 2.18 GAA, .922 Save Percentage)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd-Bryan Little-Michael Frolik
Chris Thorburn-Mark Scheifele-Blake Wheeler
Devin Setoguchi-Olli Jokinen-Dustin Byfuglien
Eric Tangradi-James Wright-Anthony Peluso
Zach Bogosian – Tobias Enstrom
Mark Stuart – Jacob Trouba
Adam Pardy – Keaton Ellerby
Healthy Scratches: Zach Redmond, Eric O’Dell
Projected Vancouver Canucks Line Combinations:
Daniel Sedin- Jordan Schroeder-Alexandre Burrows
Chris Higgins- Ryan Kesler- Zack Kassian
David Booth -Brad Richardson- Jannik Hansen
Tom Sestito – Zac Dalpe – Kellan Lain
Alexander Edler- Jason Garrison
Dan Hamhuis – Yannick Weber
Ryan Stanton- Frank Corrado
Healthy Scratches: Dale Weise
Vancouver Canucks: Mike Santorelli (shoulder surgery, out for season), Kevin Bieksa (undisclosed), Chris Tanev (thumb), Henrik Sedin (ribs), Andrew Alberts (head).
Winnipeg Jets: Matt Halischuk (forearm, Injured Reserve), Jim Slater (sports hernia surgery, indefinitely), Grant Clitsome (back, out for season), Evander Kane (hand infection).