Game Day Set-Up: Jets @ Blackhawks
When: Sunday, January 26, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m. CST
Where: United Center, Chicago, Illinois
Records: Winnipeg Jets (24-24-5, 12th in the Western Conference), Toronto Maple Leafs (32-9-12, 2nd in the Western Conference)
Television/Radio: TSN-JETS, CSN-CH/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Tuesday, January 28th at home against the Nashville Predators (7:00 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 5-4 home win (OT) over the Toronto Maple Leafs
Winnipeg Jets: Bryan Little (17 goals, 27 assists, 44 points), Blake Wheeler (19 goals, 22 assists, 41 points), Dustin Byfuglien (12 goals, 28 assists, 40 points), Andrew Ladd (11 goals, 24 assists, 35 points), Olli Jokinen (13 goals, 18 assists, 31 points)
Chicago Blackhawks: Patrick Kane (24 goals, 35 assists, 59 points), Patrick Sharp (26 goals, 26 assists, 52 points), Jonathan Toews (17 goals, 32 assists, 49 points), Duncan Keith (3 goals, 43 assists, 46 points), Marian Hossa (21 goals, 22 assists, 43 points)
Game Day Notes:
– The Blackhawks lost their last game 2-1 to the Minnesota Wild on Thursday night and are 4-2-4 in their last 10 games.
– Chicago averages 3.47 goals/game, 1st in the NHL. The Jets average 2.72 goals/game, 14th in the NHL. Chicago averages 2.62 goals against/game, 15th in the NHL. The Jets average 2.89 goals/against, 23rd in the NHL.
– Who’s Hot: Chicago forward Patrick Sharp has 10 goals and 8 assists in his last 15 games. Jets forward Mark Scheifele has seven goals and 11 assists in his last 20 games.
– Hawks d-man Duncan Keith leads all NHL defensemen with 43 assists and ranks 2nd amongst defensemen in points with 43.
– Tonight marks Paul Maurice‘s seventh game as Head Coach of the Winnipeg Jets. The Jets are 5-1 under Maurice so far.
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Chicago has the 4th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (22.4%) and the 27th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (78.3%)
– Winnipeg has the 24th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (15.1%) and the 11th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (83.2%)
– Al Montoya (8-4-1, 2.31 GAA, .921 Save Percentage)
– Corey Crawford (19-7-8, 2.49 GAA, .910 Save Percentage)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd-Bryan Little-Michael Frolik
Evander Kane-Mark Scheifele-Blake Wheeler
Devin Setoguchi-Olli Jokinen-Dustin Byfuglien
Anthony Peluso-Eric O’Dell- Chris Thorburn
Zach Bogosian – Tobias Enstrom
Mark Stuart – Jacob Trouba
Adam Pardy – Keaton Ellerby
Healthy Scratches: Zach Redmond, James Wright, Eric Tangradi
Projected Chicago Blackhawks Line Combinations:
Patrick Sharp- Jonathan Toews- Marian Hossa
Brandon Saad- Andrew Shaw-Patrick Kane
Mike Kostka -Michael Handzus- Kris Versteeg
Brandon Bollig – Marcus Kruger- Ben Smith
Duncan Keith- Brent Seabrook
Niklas Hjalmarsson – Johnny Oduya
Nick Leddy- Sheldon Brookbank
Healthy Scratches: Bryan Bickell, Michal Rozsival
Chicago Blackhawks: Nikolai Khabibulin (shoulder), Brad Mills (lower body)
Winnipeg Jets: Matt Halischuk (forearm, Injured Reserve), Paul Postma (leg, indefinitely), Jim Slater (sports hernia surgery, indefinitely), Grant Clitsome (back, out for season)