Game Day Set-Up: Jets @ Sharks
When: Thursday, January 23rd, 2014
Time: 9:30 p.m. CST
Where: SAP Center, San Jose, California
Records: Winnipeg Jets (23-23-5, 12th in the Western Conference), Anaheim Ducks (32-12-6, 4th in the Western Conference)
Television/Radio: TSN-Jets, CSN-CA/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Saturday, January 25th at home against the Toronto Maple Leafs (6:00 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 3-2 road win over the Anaheim Ducks
Winnipeg Jets: Bryan Little (16 goals, 26 assists, 42 points), Blake Wheeler (18 goals, 21 assists, 39 points), Dustin Byfuglien (11 goals, 27 assists, 38 points), Andrew Ladd (11 goals, 22 assists, 33 points), Olli Jokinen (13 goals, 18 assists, 31 points)
San Jose Sharks: Joe Thornton (6 goals, 47 assists, 53 points), Joe Pavelski (27 goals, 23 assists, 50 points), Patrick Marleau (21 goals, 26 assists, 47 points), Logan Couture (14 goals, 21 assists, 35 points), Brent Burns (14 goals, 15 assists, 29 points)
Game Day Notes:
- The Sharks have won four games in a row and 7 of their last 10 games.The Sharks have only lost twice in regulation at home this season.
- San Jose averages 3.06 goals/game, 5th in the NHL. The Jets average 2.72 goals/game, 13th in the NHL. San Jose averages 2.36 goals against/game, 5th in the NHL. The Jets average 2.90 goals/against, 21st in the NHL.
- Who’s Hot: San Jose forward Joe Pavelski has 18 goals in his last 20 games. Sharks forward Patrick Marleau has one goal and four assists in his last three games. Jets centre Bryan Little has two goals and six assists in his last five games.
- Joe Thornton leads the NHL with 47 assists.
- Tonight marks Paul Maurice‘s fifth game as Head Coach of the Winnipeg Jets. The Jets have won their first four games under Maurice by a combined score of 16-6.
Special Teams Breakdown:
- San Jose has the 11th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (19.4%) and the 12th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (82.8%)
- Winnipeg has the 26th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (14.4%) and the 10th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (83.0%)
- Ondrej Pavelec (15-19-4, 2.99 GAA, .901 Save Percentage)
- Alex Stalock (11-6-2, 1.80 GAA, .938 Save Percentage)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd-Bryan Little-Michael Frolik
Evander Kane-Mark Scheifele-Blake Wheeler
Devin Setoguchi-Olli Jokinen-Dustin Byfuglien
Anthony Peluso-James Wright- Chris Thorburn
Zach Bogosian – Tobias Enstrom
Mark Stuart – Jacob Trouba
Adam Pardy – Keaton Ellerby
Healthy Scratches: Zach Redmond, Eric O’Dell, Eric Tangradi
Projected San Jose Sharks Line Combinations:
Joe Pavelski- Joe Thornton- Brent Burns
Matthew Nieto- Patrick Marleau-Tommy Wingels
Bracken Kearns -Andrew Desjardins- Tyler Kennedy
Mike Brown – John McCarthy- Eriah Hayes
Dan Boyle – Matt Irwin
Marc-Edouard Vlasic – Jason Demers
Brad Stuart- Justin Braun
Healthy Scratches: James Sheppard
San Jose Sharks: Adam Burish (back), Raffi Torres (knee), Tomas Hertl (knee surgery), Logan Couture (hand)
Winnipeg Jets: Matt Halischuk (forearm, Injured Reserve), Paul Postma (leg, indefinitely), Jim Slater (sports hernia surgery, indefinitely), Grant Clitsome (back, out for season)