Game Day Set-Up: Jets @ Ducks
When: Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Time: 9:00 p.m. CST
Where: Honda Center, Anaheim, California
Records: Winnipeg Jets (22-23-5, 12th in the Western Conference), Anaheim Ducks (37-9-5, 1st in the Western Conference)
Television/Radio: TSN-Jets, Prime/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Thursday, January 23rd on the road against the San Jose Sharks (9:30 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 3-2 win (OT) at home over the Edmonton Oilers
Winnipeg Jets: Bryan Little (16 goals, 24 assists, 40 points), Dustin Byfuglien (11 goals, 27 assists, 38 points), Blake Wheeler (17 goals, 21 assists, 38 points), Andrew Ladd (10 goals, 22 assists, 32 points), Olli Jokinen (13 goals, 18 assists, 31 points)
Anaheim Ducks: Ryan Getzlaf (25 goals, 33 assists, 58 points), Corey Perry (27 goals, 28 assists, 55 points), Nick Bonino (15 goals, 22 assists, 37 points), Andrew Cogliano (16 goals, 13 assists, 29 points), Cam Fowler (5 goals, 23 assists, 28 points)
Game Day Notes:
– The Ducks have won nine of their last ten games and are 20-0-2 at home this season.
– Anaheim averages 3.39 goals/game, 3rd in the NHL. The Jets average 2.72 goals/game, 14th in the NHL. Anaheim averages 2.39 goals against/game, 8th in the NHL. The Jets average 2.92 goals/against, 20th in the NHL.
– Who’s Hot: Anaheim centre Ryan Getzlaf has five goals and four assists in his last five games. Ducks right winger Corey Perry has two goals and six assists in his last five games. Jets centre Bryan Little has two goals and four assists in his last four games. Jets forward/defenseman Dustin Byfuglien has five goals and nine assists in his last 15 games.
– Tonight marks Paul Maurice‘s fourth game as Head Coach of the Winnipeg Jets. The Jets have won their first three games under Maurice by a combined score of 13-5.
– James Wright will be a healthy scratch tonight. Wright has two assists in 49 games this season.
– Evander Kane will return to the line-up tonight after missing four consecutive games with a hand injury. Kane has 14 goals and 11 assists in 38 games this season.
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Anaheim has the 15th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (18.9%) and the 14th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (81.7%)
– Winnipeg has the 26th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (14.6%) and the 10th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (83.2%)
– Ondrej Pavelec (14-19-4, 3.02 GAA, .899 Save Percentage)
– Jonas Hiller (23-5-4, 2.37 GAA, .914 Save Percentage)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd-Bryan Little-Michael Frolik
Evander Kane-Mark Scheifele-Blake Wheeler
Devin Setoguchi-Olli Jokinen-Dustin Byfuglien
Anthony Peluso-Eric O’Dell- Chris Thorburn
Zach Bogosian – Tobias Enstrom
Mark Stuart – Jacob Trouba
Adam Pardy – Keaton Ellerby
Healthy Scratches: Zach Redmond, James Wright, Eric Tangradi
Projected Anaheim Ducks Line Combinations:
Matt Beleskey- Ryan Getzlaf- Corey Perry
Kyle Palmieri- Nick Bonino-Jakob Silfverberg
Daniel Winnik -Saku Koivu- Andrew Cogliano
Patrick Maroon- Mathieu Perreault- Teemu Selanne
Francois Beauchemin – Hampus Lindholm
Cam Fowler – Ben Lovejoy
Mark Fistric- Bryan Allen
Healthy Scratches: Tim Jackman, Dustin Penner, Luca Sbisa
Anaheim Ducks: Viktor Fasth (lower body), Sheldon Souray (wrist, out for season)
Winnipeg Jets: Matt Halischuk (forearm, Injured Reserve), Paul Postma (leg, indefinitely), Jim Slater (sports hernia surgery, indefinitely), Grant Clitsome (back, out for season)