Game Day Set-Up: Oilers @ Jets
When: Saturday, January 18, 2014
Time: 1:00 p.m. CST
Where: MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Records: Winnipeg Jets (21-23-5, 12th in the Western Conference), Edmonton Oilers (15-30-5, 14th in the Western Conference)
Television/Radio: CBC/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Tuesday, January 21st on the road against the Anaheim Ducks (9:00 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 5-2 road win over the Calgary Flames
Winnipeg Jets: Bryan Little (16 goals, 23 assists, 39 points), Dustin Byfuglien (11 goals, 27 assists, 38 points), Blake Wheeler (17 goals, 19 assists, 36 points), Andrew Ladd (10 goals, 22 assists, 32 points), Olli Jokinen (13 goals, 18 assists, 31 points)
Edmonton Oilers: Taylor Hall (18 goals, 27 assists, 45 points), Jordan Eberle (15 goals, 23 assists, 38 points), Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (13 goals, 23 assists, 36 points), David Perron (17 goals, 17 assists, 34 points), Ales Hemsky (7 goals, 17 assists, 24 points)
Game Day Notes:
– The Oilers come into Winnipeg on a three game losing streak and with a record of 2-6-2 in their last ten games.
– Edmonton averages 2.54 goals/game, 18th in the NHL. The Jets average 2.71 goals/game, 14th in the NHL. Edmonton averages 3.52 goals against/game, 30th in the NHL. The Jets average 2.94 goals/against, 22nd in the NHL.
– Who’s Hot: Edmonton forward Taylor Hall has four goals and eight assists in his last ten games. Oilers defenseman Justin Schultz has two goals and five assists in his last ten games.
– Tonight will be Paul Maurice‘s third game as Head Coach of the Winnipeg Jets. The Jets have won their first two games under Maurice by a combined score of 10-3.
– On Friday the Jets announced that Grant Clitsome underwent season-ending back surgery at the Marina Spine Center in California. Clitsome had two goals and 10 assists in 34 games with the Jets this season.
– Evander Kane will miss his fourth consecutive game tonight with a hand injury.
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Edmonton has the 18th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (18.0%) and the 20th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (80.0%)
– Winnipeg has the 23rd Ranked Power Play in the NHL (15.1%) and the 11th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (83.2%)
– Ondrej Pavelec (13-19-4, 3.05 GAA, .899 Save Percentage)
– Ilya Bryzgalov (3-7-2, 3.27 GAA, .902 Save Percentage)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd-Bryan Little-Michael Frolik
Chris Thorburn-Mark Scheifele-Blake Wheeler
Devin Setoguchi-Olli Jokinen-Dustin Byfuglien
James Wright-Eric O’Dell- Anthony Peluso
Zach Bogosian – Tobias Enstrom
Mark Stuart – Jacob Trouba
Adam Pardy – Keaton Ellerby
Healthy Scratches: Zach Redmond
Projected Edmonton Oilers Line Combinations:
Taylor Hall- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins- Jordan Eberle
David Perron- Sam Gagner- Ryan Jones
Ryan Smyth-Boyd Gordon-Matt Hendricks
Luke Gazdic-Mark Arcobello-Jesse Joensuu
Andrew Ference – Justin Schultz
Anton Belov – Nick Schultz
Jeff Petry – Martin Marincin
Edmonton Oilers: Ales Hemsky (ankle), Curtis Hamilton (knee), Corey Potter (groin), Nail Yakupov (concussion)
Winnipeg Jets: Matt Halischuk (forearm, Injured Reserve), Paul Postma (leg, indefinitely), Jim Slater (sports hernia surgery, indefinitely), Grant Clitsome (back, out for season), Evander Kane (hand), Eric Tangradi (flu)