Game Day Set-Up: Blue Jackets @ Jets
When: Saturday, January 11, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m. CST
Where: MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Records: Winnipeg Jets (19-22-5, 12th in the Western Conference), Columbus Blue Jackets (19-20-4, 13th in the Eastern Conference)
Television/Radio: CBC, FS-O/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Monday, January 13th at home against the Phoenix Coyotes (7:00 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 4-2 home loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning
Winnipeg Jets: Bryan Little (14 goals, 20 assists, 34 points), Dustin Byfuglien (10 goals, 24 assists, 34 points), Blake Wheeler (16 goals, 17 assists, 33 points), Andrew Ladd (10 goals, 19 assists, 29 points), Olli Jokinen (11 goals, 17 assists, 28 points)
Columbus Blue Jackets: Ryan Johansen (16 goals, 16 assists, 32 points), Brandon Dubinsky (9 goals, 20 assists, 29 points), Nick Foligno (11 goals, 14 assists, 25 points), RJ Umberger (11 goals, 12 assists, 23 points), James Wisniewski (3 goals, 20 assists, 23 points)
Game Day Notes:
– The Blue Jackets defeated the Carolina Hurricanes last night and have won six of their last 10 games.
– Columbus averages 2.66 goals/game, 14th in the NHL. The Jets average 2.61 goals/game, 16th in the NHL.
– Columbus foward Brandon Dubinsky has two goals and two assists in his last three games.
– Jets forward Dustin Byfuglien will line up at forward tonight for the Jets. Byfuglien has played defense every game this year but he did play primarily as a forward when he was with the Chicago Blackhawks from 2006-10. Byfuglien has five points (three goals, two assists) in his last four games.
– Evander Kane is listed as doubtful for tonight’s game with a hand injury. He left practise early Saturday morning and did not practise with the team on Thursday or Friday. Eric O’Dell will take Kane’s spot on the second line with Mark Scheifele and Michael Frolik.
– On Friday, the Jets recalled Zach Redmond from the St.John’s IceCaps of the American Hockey League. Redmond has five goals and eight assists in 17 games with the IceCaps this season.
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Columbus has the 17th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (17.6%) and the 23rd Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (79.6%)
– Winnipeg has the 25th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (14.9%) and the 11th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (82.9%)
– Ondrej Pavelec (11-18-4, 3.06 GAA, .901 Save Percentage)
– Curtis McElhinney (7-8-1, 2.81 GAA, .909 Save Percentage)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd-Bryan Little-Dustin Byfuglien
Eric O’Dell-Mark Scheifele-Michael Frolik
Devin Setoguchi-Olli Jokinen-Blake Wheeler
Eric Tangradi-James Wright- Chris Thorburn
Tobias Enstrom- Zach Bogosian
Mark Stuart- Jacob Trouba
Adam Pardy- Keaton Ellerby
Healthy Scratches: Anthony Peluso, Zach Redmond
Projected Columbus Blue Jackets Line Combinations:
Nick Foligno- Ryan Johansen- R.J. Umberger
Boone Jenner-Artem Anisimov-Nathan Horton
Matt Calvert-Brandon Dubinsky-Cam Atkinson
Derek MacKenzie-Mark Letestu-Dalton Prout
Jack Johnson-Fedor Tyutin
James Wisniewski- Ryan Murray
Nikita Nikitin- David Savard
Healthy Scratches: Corey Tropp
Columbus Blue Jackets: Blake Comeau (knee), Jack Skille (upper body), Marian Gaborik (collarbone)
Winnipeg Jets: Matt Halischuk (forearm, Injured Reserve), Paul Postma (leg, indefinitely), Jim Slater (sports hernia surgery, indefinitely), Grant Clitsome (back, Injured Reserve), Evander Kane (hand)