Game Day Set-Up: Jets @ Senators
When: Thursday, January 2nd, 2013
Time: 6:30 p.m. CST
Where: Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa, Ontario
Records: Winnipeg Jets (19-18-5, 11th in the Western Conference), Ottawa Senators (17-18-7, 11th in the Eastern Conference)
Television/Radio: TSN-JETS, SN-E/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Saturday, January 4th on the road against the Boston Bruins (12:00 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 3-0 home victory over the Buffalo Sabres
Winnipeg Jets: Bryan Little (14 goals, 19 assists, 33 points), Blake Wheeler (15 goals, 16 assists, 31 points), Dustin Byfuglien (7 goals, 22 assists, 29 points), Andrew Ladd (10 goals, 19 assists, 29 points), Olli Jokinen (9 goals, 16 assists, 25 points)
Ottawa Senators: Erik Karlsson (10 goals, 28 assists, 38 points), Bobby Ryan (18 goals, 18 assists, 36 points), Kyle Turris (10 goals, 21 assists, 31 points), Jason Spezza (11 goals, 19 assists, 30 points), Clarke Macarthur (12 goals, 17 assists, 29 points)
Game Day Notes:
– The Senators won their last game 3-1 over the Washington Capitals on Sunday and have won three of their last four games.
– The Senators average 2.79 goals/game, 11th in the NHL. By comparison, the Jets average 2.60 goals/game, 16th in the NHL.
– Ottawa Senators defenseman Erik Karlsson has three goals and seven assists in his last 10 games.
– Jets goaltender Al Montoya will make his third consecutive start tonight for the first time this season.
– Jets forward Mark Scheifele has three goals and seven assists in his last 10 games.
– In his last five starts versus the Jets, Craig Anderson has a 4-1-0 record, a 2.41 goals against average and a save percentage of .937.
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Ottawa has the 15th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (18.2%) and the 23rd Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (79.5%)
– Winnipeg has the 25th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (14.6%) and the 11th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (82.8%)
– Al Montoya (8-2-1, 1.85 GAA, .934 Save Percentage)
– Craig Anderson (12-9-4, 3.17 GAA, .904 Save Percentage)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd-Bryan Little-Blake Wheeler
Evander Kane-Mark Scheifele-Michael Frolik
Chris Thorburn-Olli Jokinen-Devin Setoguchi
Eric Tangradi-James Wright- Anthony Peluso
Tobias Enstrom- Jacob Trouba
Keaton Ellerby- Dustin Byfuglien
Mark Stuart- Zach Bogosian
Healthy Scratches: Eric O’Dell, Adam Pardy
Projected Ottawa Senators Line Combinations:
Cory Conacher Mika Zibanejad- Milan Michalek
Clarke MacArthur-Kyle Turris-Bobby Ryan
Colin Greening-Zack Smith-Mark Stone
Matt Kassian-Jean-Gabriel Pageau-Erik Condra
Jared Cowen-Erik Karlsson
Cody Ceci- Marc Methot
Chris Phillips- Joe Corvo
Healthy Scratches: Eric Gryba, Patrick Wiercoch
Ottawa Senators: Jason Spezza (lower body), Chris Neil (lower body)
Winnipeg Jets: Matt Halischuk (forearm, Injured Reserve), Paul Postma (leg, indefinitely), Jim Slater (sports hernia surgery, indefinitely), Grant Clitsome (back, Injured Reserve)