Game Day Set-Up: Sabres @ Jets
When: Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Time: 6:00 p.m. CST
Where: MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Records: Winnipeg Jets (18-18-5, 11th in the Western Conference), Buffalo Sabres (11-24-4, 16th in the Eastern Conference)
Television/Radio: TSN, MSG-B/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Thursday, January 2nd on the road against the Ottawa Senators (6:30 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 2-1 road win (OT) over the Colorado Avalanche
Winnipeg Jets: Bryan Little (14 goals, 19 assists, 33 points), Blake Wheeler (15 goals, 16 assists, 31 points), Dustin Byfuglien (7 goals, 22 assists, 29 points), Andrew Ladd (10 goals, 18 assists, 28 points), Olli Jokinen (9 goals, 16 assists, 25 points)
Buffalo Sabres: Matt Moulson (13 goals, 13 assists, 26 points), Cody Hodgson (8 goals, 11 assists, 19 points), Tyler Ennis (8 goals, 7 assists, 15 points), Christian Ehrhoff (2 goals, 12 assists, 14 points), Zemgus Girgensons (4 goals, 10 assists, 14 points)
Game Day Notes:
- The Sabres won their last game 2-1 over the Washington Capitals on Sunday and have won three of their last five games
- The Sabres average 1.69 goals/game, dead last in the NHL. By comparison, the Jets average 2.58 goals/game, 17th in the NHL.
- On Monday, the Jets re-assigned Julian Melchiori to the St. John’s IceCaps of the American Hockey League. Melchiori played in one game for the Jets and registered no points.
- Jets goaltender Al Montoya will make his second consecutive start tonight for the first time since November 4th/6th when he started back-to-back games against the Detroit Red Wings (4-2 win) and Chicago Blackhawks (4-1 loss).
- Jets forward Blake Wheeler has four goals and two assists in his last five games.
Special Teams Breakdown:
- Buffalo has the 28th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (12.7%) and the 18th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (81.3%)
- Winnipeg has the 24th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (14.9%) and the 12th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (82.3%)
- Al Montoya (7-2-1, 2.02 GAA, .929 Save Percentage)
- Jhonas Enroth (1-7-3, 2.65 GAA, .909 Save Percentage)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd-Bryan Little-Blake Wheeler
Evander Kane-Mark Scheifele-Michael Frolik
Chris Thorburn-Olli Jokinen-Devin Setoguchi
Eric Tangradi-James Wright- Anthony Peluso
Tobias Enstrom- Jacob Trouba
Keaton Ellerby- Dustin Byfuglien
Mark Stuart- Zach Bogosian
Healthy Scratches: Eric O’Dell, Adam Pardy
Projected Buffalo Sabres Line Combinations:
Matt Moulson- Tyler Ennis- Zemgus Girgensons
Steve Ott-Ville Leino-Drew Stafford
Marcus Foligno-Brian Flynn-Matt D’Agostini
Linus Omark-Matt Ellis-John Scott
Henrik Tallinder-Tyler Myers
Mark Pysyk- Christian Ehrhoff
Jamie McBain- Mike Weber
Buffalo Sabres: Patrick Kaleta (knee), Cody McCormick (upper body), Cody Hodgson (finger), Kevin Porter (leg),
Winnipeg Jets: Matt Halischuk (forearm, Injured Reserve), Paul Postma (leg, indefinitely), Jim Slater (sports hernia surgery, indefinitely), Grant Clitsome (back, Injured Reserve)