Game Day Set-Up: Jets @ Avalanche
When: Sunday, December 29, 2013
Time: 7:00 p.m. CST
Where: Pepsi Center, Denver, Colorado
Records: Winnipeg Jets (17-18-5, 11th in the Western Conference), Colorado Avalanche (23-11-5, 7th in the Western Conference)
Television/Radio: TSN-JETS, RDS2, ALT/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Tuesday, December 31st at home against the Buffalo Sabres (7:00 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 6-4 home win over the Minnesota Wild
Winnipeg Jets: Bryan Little (14 goals, 19 assists, 33 points), Blake Wheeler (14 goals, 15 assists, 29 points), Dustin Byfuglien (7 goals, 21 assists, 28 points), Andrew Ladd (9 goals, 18 assists, 27 points), Olli Jokinen (9 goals, 16 assists, 25 points)
Colorado Avalanche: Matt Duchene (16 goals, 18 assists, 34 points), Gabriel Landeskog (11 goals, 15 assists, 26 points), Ryan O’Reilly (12 goals, 13 assists, 25 points), PA Parenteau (9 goals, 15 assists, 24 points), Paul Stastny (11 goals, 13 assists, 24 points)
Game Day Notes:
- The Avalanche lost their last game 7-2 to the Chicago Blackhawks on Friday and have only won three of their last 10 games
- The Avalanche average 2.86 goals/game, 10th in the NHL. By comparison, the Jets average 2.60 goals/game, 17th in the NHL.
- The Jets have a record of 4-11-3 against Central Division opponents this year.
- Jets d-man Zach Bogosian did not play Friday night but he will return to the line-up tonight. Jets Head Coach Claude Noel said Bogosian was likely kept out of Friday’s game because of food poisoning, not the flu as originally reported by various sources.
- Jets forward Blake Wheeler has nine goals and three assists in his last 12 games.
Special Teams Breakdown:
- Colorado has the 19th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (16.2%) and the 23rd Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (80.2%)
- Winnipeg has the 24th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (15.2%) and the 14th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (82.2%)
- Al Montoya (6-2-1, 2.14 GAA, .923 Save Percentage)
- Semyon Varlamov (16-8-3, 2.37 GAA, .926 Save Percentage)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd-Bryan Little-Blake Wheeler
Evander Kane-Mark Scheifele-Michael Frolik
Chris Thorburn-Olli Jokinen-Devin Setoguchi
Eric Tangradi-James Wright- Anthony Peluso
Tobias Enstrom- Zach Bogosian
Keaton Ellerby- Dustin Byfuglien
Mark Stuart- Jacob Trouba
Healthy Scratches: Eric O’Dell, Adam Pardy, Julian Melchiori
Projected Colorado Avalanche Line Combinations:
Ryan O’Reilly- Matt Duchene- Nathan MacKinnon
Gabriel Landeskog-Paul Stastny-P.A. Parenteau
Jamie McGinn-John Mitchell-Max Talbot
Cody McLeod-Marc-Andre Cliche-Patrick Bordeleau
Erik Johnson-Jan Hejda
Cory Sarich- Andre Benoit
Tyson Barrie- Ryan Wilson
Healthy Scratches: Nick Holden, Brad Malone, Nate Guenin
Colorado Avalanche: Alex Tanguay (knee)
Winnipeg Jets: Matt Halischuk (forearm, Injured Reserve), Paul Postma (leg, indefinitely), Jim Slater (sports hernia surgery, indefinitely), Grant Clitsome (back, Injured Reserve)