Winnipeg Jets coach Claude Noel post-game press conference
Coach Noel met with the media following the game against the Flyers.
Coach Noel – Assessment of the game. Any theory as to why it was a slow start? Evander Kane update. Fixing the problems. Putting Buff up front on the PP. Disappointed they didn’t get a bigger boost from the 5 on 3 penalty kill?
Audio courtesy of TSN 1290 Winnipeg.
- “Obviously the first period was one where we weren’t engaged in the game”
- “Our power play was disappointing. Can’t get anything out of it and haven’t been able to through the year. Not like its anything new for us. Finding solutions to that issue and that problem is certainly a challenge for us”.
- “He (Kane) has a lower body (injury). Wasn’t able to continue”.
- “There has to be a point here where the players have to get engaged amongst themselves.”
- “We just weren’t good enough. We didn’t play well enough to win. We weren’t good enough to win the game.”