Game Day Set-Up: Blackhawks @ Jets
When: Thursday, November 21, 2013
Time: 7:00 p.m. CST
Where: MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Records: Winnipeg (10-10-3, 11th in the Western Conference), Chicago (14-4-4, 1st in the Western Conference)
Television/Radio: TSN-Jets, CSN-CH/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Saturday, November 23rd at home against the Minnesota Wild (2:00 p.m CST).
Last Game: 5-4 shootout loss to the Calgary Flames
Winnipeg Jets: Bryan Little (12 goals, 9 assists, 21 points), Andrew Ladd (5 goals, 12 assists, 17 points), Dustin Byfuglien (5 goals, 12 assists, 17 points), Blake Wheeler (5 goals, 10 assists, 15 points), Olli Jokinen (4 goals,9 assists, 13 points)
Chicago Blackhawks: Patrick Kane (11 goals, 11 assists, 22 points), Patrick Sharp (7 goals, 13 assists, 20 points), Jonathan Toews (10 goals, 9 assists, 19 points), Duncan Keith (1 goal, 15 assists, 16 points), Marian Hossa (9 goals, 6 assists, 15 points)
- Marian Hossa will play for the Blackhawks tonight. He missed the last three games with a lower body injury. Bryan Bickell on the other hand will not play for the Hawks tonight. He will be out for a couple of weeks with a lower body injury.
- The Blackhawks are coming off a 5-1 loss to the Colorado Avalanche. Chicago has a 7-2-1 record over their last 10 games.
- Chicago forward Andrew Shaw loves to hit. He is ranked 12th overall in the NHL with 65 hits.
- Duncan Keith is ranked 24th in the NHL in Average Time on Ice per Game at 24:09.
- Dustin Byfuglien is ranked 5th in the NHL in Average Time on Ice per Game at 26:42
- Chicago has the 8th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (20.8%) and the 29th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (74.2%)
- Winnipeg has the 29th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (11.2%) and the 15th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (82.2%)
- Jets forward Bryan Little has 13 points (7 goals, 6 assists) in his last 11 games
- Ondrej Pavelec (8-8-2, 2.74 GAA, .915 Save Percentage)
- Corey Crawford (13-4-3, 2.55 GAA, .905 Save Percentage)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd-Bryan Little-Blake Wheeler
Evander Kane-Olli Jokinen-Devin Setoguchi
Matt Halischuk-Mark Scheifele-Michael Frolik
Eric Tangradi-James Wright-Chris Thorburn
Dustin Byfuglien- Grant Clitsome
Keaton Ellerby – Tobias Enstrom
Adam Pardy- Zach Redmond
Healthy Scratches: Julian Melchiori, Anthony Peluso
Projected Chicago Blackhawks Line Combinations:
Patrick Sharp- Jonathan Toews- Marian Hossa
Brandon Saad-Brandon Pirri-Patrick Kane
Jeremy Morin-Andrew Shaw-Kris Versteeg
Brandon Bollig- Marcus Kruger-Ben Smith
Duncan Keith -Brent Seabrook
Johnny Oduya-Niklas Hjalmarsson
Nick Leddy- Michael Rozsival
Healthy Scratches: Sheldon Brookbank
Chicago Blackhawks: Brad Mills (lower body), Nikolai Khabibulin (groin), Michal Handzus (hand) Bryan Bickell (lower body, week-t)
Winnipeg Jets: Paul Postma (leg, indefinitely), Jacob Trouba (LTIR, neck), Jim Slater (sports hernia surgery, indefinitely), Mark Stuart (hip, day-to-day), Zach Bogosian (lower body)