Game Day Set-Up: Jets @ Blues
When: Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Time: 7:00 p.m. CST
Where: Scottrade Center, St.Louis, Missouri
Records: Winnipeg (5-6-2, 12th in the Western Conference), St.Louis (6-1-2, 9th in the Western Conference)
Television/Radio: TSN-JETS, FS-MW/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: The Jets return home from a four game road trip and have three days off before they host the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday, November 2nd at 2:00 p.m. CST. After that, the Jets host the Detroit Red Wings on Monday, November 4th at 7:00 p.m. CST.
Last Game: 3-2 loss to the Colorado Avalanche
Winnipeg Jets: Bryan Little (6 goals, 4 assists, 10 points), Evander Kane (6 goals, 3 assists, 9 points), Dustin Byfuglien (0 goals, 8 assists, 8 points), Andrew Ladd (3 goals, 5 assists, 8 points), Blake Wheeler (4 goals, 4 assists, 8 points)
St.Louis Blues: Alexander Steen (10 goals, 5 assists, 15 points), David Backes (6 goals, 5 assists, 11 points), TJ Oshie (2 goals, 7 assists, 9 points), Alex Pieterangelo (1 goal, 7 assists, 8 points), Derek Roy (3 goals, 4 assists, 7 points)
– On Monday, the Jets announced that 24-year-old defenseman Paul Postma could be out for several months due to blood clots in his leg. Postma was put on blood thinners and doctors have told him to limit his physical activity and contact until the blood clot disappears.
– The Jets re-called 22-year-old defenseman Ben Chiarot from the St.John’s IceCaps of the American Hockey League on Tuesday. Chiarot has two goals and three assists in 9 games with the IceCaps this year.
– St. Louis has played the least amount of games of any team in the NHL so far (9)
– The Blues +12 Goal Differential is 3rd best in the Western Conference, behind only the San Jose Sharks (+28) and Colorado Avalanche (+19)
– Winnipeg’s Goal Differential is Minus-5, tied for 3rd worst in the Western Conference.
– Alexander Steen is tied for 4th in the Overall Points race (10 goals, 5 assists) which is truly impressive because he has played two to four games less than the players ahead of him.
– Power Play Futility Watch: Winnipeg is 0-for-26 on the Power Play over the last eight games and are now ranked 27th in the NHL at 10.2%. Conversely, St. Louis’ Power Play is ranked #1 in the NHL at 30.3%.
– Ondrej Pavelec (4-5-2, 2.85 GAA, .909 Save Percentage)
– Jaroslav Halak (6-1-1, 2.17 GAA, .917 Save Percentage)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Evander Kane-Bryan Little-Blake Wheeler
Andrew Ladd-Mark Scheifele-Devin Setoguchi
Eric Tangradi-Olli Jokinen-Michael Frolik
Matt Halischuk-James Wright-Chris Thorburn
Tobias Enstrom-Zach Bogosian
Grant Clitsome-Dustin Byfuglien
Adam Pardy-Mark Stuart
Healthy Scratches: Patrice Cormier, Anthony Peluso, Ben Chiarot
Projected St.Louis Blues Line Combinations:
Alexander Steen- David Backes- TJ Oshie
Vladimir Sobotka- Derek Roy-Chris Stewart
Jaden Schwartz-Patrik Berglund-Vladimir Tarasenko
Brenden Morrow-Adam Cracknell-Ryan Reaves
Jay Bouwmeester-Alex Pieterangelo
Barret Jackman-Kevin Shattenkirk
Jordan Leopold- Roman Polak
Healthy Scratches: Ian Cole
St.Louis Blues: Magnus Paajarvi (upper body), Maxim Lapierre (suspension)
Winnipeg Jets: Paul Postma (leg, indefinitely), Jacob Trouba (LTIR), Jim Slater (undisclosed, day-to-day)