Winnipeg Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff pre-draft press conference
Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff met with the media today for some pre-draft talk.
GM Cheveldayoff - 2013 NHL Entry Draft
Audio courtesy of TSN Radio 1290.
If you can’t listen to the audio here are some of the comments from the Jets GM:
- ”we have reached out to all of the RFAs respective agents” “each negotiation will be different”
- ”hard to say when they will all get done, there is alot of work ahead” (re: RFAs)
- ”my focus would be to see if there is an opportunity to move up if the right player is there and we have the assets to move”
- ”We don’t have anyone that we are compliance buying out”
- ”the reports will always be there (on Byfuglien’s weight)”
- ”we hope to find another forward either by trade or free agency to play in the top end of our lineup”
- ”we have had discussions with some of our pending UFAs, some of them will be going to market, that’s not to say they won’t be back”
- ”I’m trying to move up (in the draft), as high as potentially possible. The reality is, alot of teams are making those calls.”
- ”The only two guys we have actively talked to about potentially coming back are Montoya and Clitsome”
- (on Yuen) ”it was our decision to not offer him a 3-year NHL deal”